DescriptionYour role is key to establish EDA vendor relationships and to renegotiate volume purchase agreements as well as the use of licenses. You will make a significant impact by maximizing license capability & utilization and by improving or reducing costs. You will have ownership to track and control CAD tool spend.
At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you!
At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters – world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
We are ONEXILINX.
CAD Program Manager will work with Engineering teams to ensure engineering teams are equipped with necessary EDA tools to deliver innovative and quality products with efficiency while meeting the budget and various deadlines.
As a CAD Program Manager, you use your wide industry knowledge and strategic supplier relationships to optimize our total cost of ownership for our global and growing infrastructure.
The goal is to drive efficiency and savings to Xilinx's bottom line while driving efficiency within the organization. Additionally, you'll lead and support the development, implementation, and management of global strategies and automation to ensure efficient pricing, flexibility, quality, and efficiency. This includes full management of contract negotiations. You will also closely engage with our Finance, Purchasing, and Legal Teams.
As the primary contact for internal teams and external partners/suppliers; you will use your project / procurement experience for strategic sourcing of EDA CAD/software Tools. In this key Engineering role at Xilinx will also serve as the primary contact for CAD and internal design teams. You will be responsible for planning and execution of EDA flows development. You will build consensus across internal and external decision-makers and will balance the relationship across the company.
- Work closely with hardware design teams and CAD, design, and technology teams to craft a project plan, identify / resolve blockers, and align CAD team work across multiple parallel projects.
- Responsible for daily and long-term project management tasks.
- Participate in early planning of new projects as well as resourcing and scheduling.
- Assist with development of and ownership for tracking new project schedules and resource metrics.
- Align EDA vendor relationships to drive technology improvements to meet Xilinx's demanding needs.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Finance, Purchasing, and Legal to synthesize technical, commercial, financial, and industry/market inputs into a cohesive business strategy.
- Lead multi-functional, cross-organizational teams through the sourcing, delivery, and support phases across multiple programs.
- Derive the best value for products from EDA suppliers to achieve cost, quality, and time efficiencies.
- MBA, Master's degree or other advanced degree in a technical, preferably, in semiconductor industry, or equivalent practical experience in quantitative/business field.
- 10+ years of experience in project management, commodity management or supply chain management in a high-tech industry passionate about ASIC/EDA sourcing and ASIC/EDA product cycle management.
- Your hands-on experience with EDA Tools is required.
- Experience with custom silicon/ASIC design flow, stages, and key outcomes.
- We look to you to participate and drive technical discussions, ask probing questions, and work with the team to pull project concepts details, schedules, and solutions to issues.
- Experience in design enablement related sourcing practices and agreement consultations.
- A background in successfully negotiating conflicting priorities and driving results
- your attention to detailed is required.
- you will use you soft skills in negotiations
- Must understand the importance of processes and be skillful enough to drive efficient processes throughout the organization
Apply on company website