DescriptionAt Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Position Objectives: Work collaboratively as a leader of a globally based team to manage the preparation and defense of the Company's US GAAP income tax provision (ASC 740 reporting) and US income tax return compliance. This is a highly visible position with direct contact with the Company's Board of Directors, senior management and business leaders. The Director will team with other members of the Tax Department, internal business partners and external resources to provide leadership, training and solution-based ideas to increase department efficiency and shareholder value.
- Direct, lead and manage Xilinx's worldwide tax provision and US income tax return processes. Overall accountability for compliance with SOX controls related to the income tax process.
- Scrutinize, challenge, and change, if necessary, existing processes and procedures, if change would lead to a better result from an administration, tax risk and/or shareholder value perspective.
- Monitor other company's approaches to worldwide tax provisions and US income tax compliance to determine best practices, including adoption of cutting-edge tax technology to increase department efficiency.
- Lead and manage special projects such as mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, business/entity integration, formation and dissolution of entities and debt restructuring.
- Initiate and/or support efforts to minimize the effective tax rate and cash taxes, including idea creation and critical review of tax planning ideas.
- Provide leadership, education, mentoring and coaching to Xilinx's Tax Department, finance professionals and senior leaders to assist them in understanding Xilinx's income tax provision and tax return compliance processes, issues and results.
- Build, develop and maintain an excellent network of expert advisors.
- Stay current with changes in US GAAP and US income tax law.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in accounting (or related), CPA and/or master's in tax.
Years of Experience: 15 - 20 years of combined public accounting and industry experience in corporate income tax at a US multinational company, 10 plus years of direct report employee management experience.
Key Technical Areas/Personal Attributes:
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP accounting, including specific emphasis on all pronouncements related to the reporting of income taxes pursuant to ASC 740.
- Solid knowledge of US federal income tax law and regulations.
- Working knowledge of IRS audit procedures.
- Strong background in developing tax strategies with an understanding of tax accounting and compliance for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and cross-border transactions.
- Excellent project management skills, taking ownership/initiative and executing with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong background and track record of developing, mentoring and retaining key tax talent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent presentation skills. Can socialize complex tax issues with non-tax personnel.
- Is a team player that has strong interpersonal skills and can work/collaborate well with others.
- Strong database and desktop application ability (e.g., OneSource Tax Provision, Alteryx, Excel, Oracle).
Apply on company website