To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
A Physician Assistant is responsible for providing and coordinating primary care to an identified panel of patients including history, assessment, planning, intervention and consultation. The PA works collaboratively within the practice support staff, with other PAs, and physicians, and utilizes a team approach in the care of the patient. The PA may diagnose illness and physical conditions and perform or order therapeutic and corrective measures. Assesses the physical and psychosocial status of patients by interview, health history, physical exam and diagnostic tests. Participates in quality and patient satisfaction improvement initiatives. Carries out responsibilities independently, if so certified, or with minimal need for supervision if not so certified. Maintains practice within the defined scope of practice for a PA Exemplifies behaviors reflecting Service Excellence and support of the Strategic Dimensions by modeling the Core Success Factors as described in the Performance Review.
- May function independently and may maintain a panel of patients as the assigned PCP
- Demonstrates excellence in the completion of patient history and physical exams and assessment appropriate to patient population
- Demonstrates proficiency in treatment plans and interventions, working collaboratively with other PAs, physicians, or specialists when indicated. Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Direct and provide clinical supervision to nursing staff as appropriate. Serves as a resource for nursing staff and APRN students when indicated.
- Serves as a resource for families
- Integrates ethical principles in all areas of practice.
- Maintains regular communication with patients, families, and colleagues as appropriate regarding progress and treatment plans.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools
- Provide appropriate treatment and follow up recommendations
- Clearly explain treatment recommendations and follow-up plans both verbally during encounter and in writing after the visit
- Focuses on quality of care and the patient experience including timeliness and effective communication.
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Educational preparation at the Master's Level. Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program required. In addition, holds a BSN degree from an accredited institution.
- 3 years of Physician Assistant experience inInternal medicine preferred in Urgent Care, Primary Care, Family medicine
- Ability to obtain a CT PA license
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Outpateint primary care experience preferred
- Epic and or EMR experience preferred
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These ...
Apply on company website