The QA Specialist develops and executes software test plans as well as analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. The QA Specialist reviews test results to ensure correct functionality and recommends corrective action as well as consults with developers and subject matter experts in resolution of problems.
- Works on problems of moderate to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation and judgment.
- Uses professional concepts; applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Collaborates with various teams for product development and defect resolution.
- Participates in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, performance, and system testing.
- Performs regression testing including developing and running automated test suites.
- Defines test strategy based on the analysis of design document and requirements.
- Creates, manages and execute test cases, log and assign defects and keep track of the defect status
- Participates in systems and applications installations.
- Functions as a Subject Matter Expert on Yardi Resident Screening applications.
- Provides tier 3 production support.
- Bachelor's degree in Quality Assurance, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related experience.
- 5+ years' experience in Quality Assurance. Property Management Systems QA is a plus.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills as well as the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Ability to review and participate in project and technical design reviews.
- Experience writing test plans and test case suites.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and screen capture editing tools.
- Experience with Linux, distributed systems architecture, web services and Java based applications.
- Understanding of the product development lifecycle including design, development, testing, rollout, and support.
- Good working knowledge of databases and SQL as well as Linux application log files.
- Experience with commercial bug tracking systems.
- Familiarity with using automated test tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as being a team player.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and executing responsibilities.
Apply on company website