The Accounts Receivable Team Lead will provide technical guidance to the Accounts Receivable (AR) Specialist(s) in order to capture charges, posting payments and timely collection of funds. This responsibility includes leading the day to day operations for the collections team and escalating concerns to management when necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the AR team in reaching or exceeding accounts receivable/cash goals and initiatives.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting analyzing, and summarizing account information.
- Collect outstanding receivables through telephone and written communication.
- Monitor the assigned accounts in order to provide cash flow and bottom-line profitability.
- Determine importance of issues learned from contact with customers and relay information to proper department for resolution.
- Work closely with credit department when additional credit is required or account is delinquent and possible credit suspension is under consideration.
- Escalate overdue AR for additional collection efforts.
- Maintain and generate reporting to identify delinquent accounts and other collection measurements.
- Provide follow up on identified issues and discrepancies.
- Provide assistance to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor and other Management personnel and perform special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 years of AR experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of leadership experience preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard accounts receivable / collection procedures in a for profit industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with internal and external customers in person and over the phone.
- Functional skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while paying attention to detail.
- Ability to gather and interpret data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of JDE and QlikView, highy desireable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities – through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Apply on company website