Job Description Details
A Zulily Director of Merchandising is responsible for developing and championing the merchandising strategies that support the company business initiatives on behalf of our customers. The Director is responsible for leading multiple Merchandise Managers and their buying teams to create goals, build strategies, curate merchandise assortments, negotiate with vendors and execute sales events. The Director is responsible for engaging and developing their team. Also, they are responsible for supporting company initiatives by collaborating with cross-functional leaders and their teams. The Director is responsible for delivering the financial goals for their organization for sales, margin and inventory productivity.
Our ideal Director for Women's Sportswear and Collections is a proven leader with a passion for the retail industry. They are a leader, ambitious in nature, detail focused and eager to drive the business with strong networking skills. The Director is skilled in our company principles to drive progress, act with empathy, be brave, embrace the future, and do what's right.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Deliver financial goals and company metrics including sales, margin and inventory productivity
- Manage, train and coach team to drive high performance
- Guide strategies and plans for product selection, inventory and sales events
- Engage vendors with strategic growth opportunities in participation with managers and buying teams
- Lead projects and initiatives in collaboration with cross-functional leaders and teams from merchandising, marketing, site merchandising, business development, operations, finance, project management, continuous improvement and tech.
- Lead team of managers and individual contributors of 30-50 employees
- Manage team performance to goals
- Develop, coach and mentor team members
- Lead company and merchandising initiatives with cross-divisional and cross-functional managers
- Minimum of seven years of buying or retail merchandising experience
- Minimum of three years of managing managers
- Proven record of leading, coaching and developing a team within a collaborative environment
- Strong analytical, merchandising and negotiation skills
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Experience in hiring, training and managing teams of 20+ people preferred
- Experience in ecommerce management preferred
- Ability to work from Seattle office a minimum of 20%
- Ability to travel a minimum of 10%
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website