Job Description Details
Zulily's analytics team works with the business in deriving strategic insights, communicating those insights, and executing strategy aimed at driving sustainable growth. The team works with key business partners across Shopping Experience, Marketing, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Finance, and Tech. This is an opportunity to be part of an innovative, data-driven culture that is changing the way data and technology are used to shape eCommerce.
We are looking for a talented Senior Business Analyst dedicated to generating powerful insights that enable our Shopping Experience and Marketing teams to innovate customer-facing programs including Return, Shipping and Loyalty. Your primary focus will be quantifying business impact, building scalable data solutions, measuring and iterating on program designs including pricing and marketing tactics, developing success metrics and KPIs, creating insights, and making data-backed recommendations. All of this will be with the end goal to improve the customer experience for our customers. This role requires strong executive communication & influence skills. This should be supplemented with a strong business & financial acumen to work with Supply Chain and Shopping Experience to develop insightful models, make recommendations on the feasibility of projects and influence the roadmap design.
Success in this role requires a strong bias for action and the ability to execute daily at the highest level. The Senior Business Analyst should be able to take direction but should also be capable of leading and working independently across all levels of the organization with minimal guidance. You drive projects from beginning to end, leverage your curiosity and analytical skill set, and are eager to initiate new ideas, approaches, and actions to move the business forward. In addition to a deep technical background and analytical mind, the candidate will demonstrate strong organizational agility and executive presence. You will rely heavily on data to find areas of opportunity and are comfortable communicating with and influencing to all layers in the organization, from entry-level to executive audiences.
Essential Job Functions:
- Own and lead analyses using data, insights, and measurements to influence and support Returns, Shipping, and Loyalty programs to align with overall business goals
- Use customer centric and sales lifecycle data analysis to measure performance, test hypotheses, develop insights, and make recommendations that drive the highest incremental gains
- Develop and streamline necessary reporting, dashboards, and one-off analyses, providing ability to monitor initiatives while effectively communicating performance
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and operationalize KPIs for short and long-term measurements that align with company financial goals and merchandising strategy
- Effectively partner and influence across analytics teams, technology groups, and business functions to accomplish goals
- Prepare and present quantitative and qualitative analyses to influence peers to C-level leadership
- 5+ years in an analytical role, or 3 years plus a Master Degree; a background in eCommerce is preferred but not required
- An experienced analyst who loves digging into data, structuring problems, and building models and analyses that you can translate into actionable business recommendations
- Strong bias for action and experience in high paced, high volume, multi-tasking role and environment.
- The passion to improve the customer experience and drive customer growth using data-driven insights
- Experience leading programs at the enterprise level
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven approach; ability to measure the impact of project deliverables
- Advanced capabilities in extracting and manipulating large data sets using SQL or similar
- Skilled in Excel, Tableau or Looker (or similar data visualization software). Familiarity with R or Python is a plus but must have a willingness to learn
- Proven ability to lead cross-functionally and communicate effectively with other areas of the business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website