Business Development Regional Manager – Community Interpreting Services
Areas of Responsibility:
- Develops new business prospects for sites on the west coast for on-site interpreting services, CART, and Video Remote Interpreting services
- Designs and recommends sales programs and sets short and long-term sales strategies
- Provides support to local management teams on the west coast to meet all short term and long-term sales strategies
- Utilizes SalesForce or similar software programs to organize work activities in achieving sales and profit goals
- Evaluates and implements appropriate new sales techniques and tools to increase sales volume
- Partners with operational management and support teams to evaluate the feasibility of contract sales and service delivery
- Interacts with existing customers to increase sales of the company's products and services
- Recommends product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential
- Manages the preparation of proposals, negotiation of contracts, and administration of commercial and government contracts for nationwide and local customers in accordance with company policies and legal requirements
- Travels as business requirements necessitate
- Partners with the Purple Video Relay Services Sales team to collaborate on enterprise sales opportunities
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to independently plan and accomplish goals.
- Collaborates with the Regional Manager in determining sales training needs for members of the west coast management teams
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) in Business Management, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Fluency in American Sign Language preferred
- At least five years of Business Development experience with a demonstrated successful track record preferred
- Intimately familiar with the interpreting industry to include history, trends, technology, business practices, and procedures
- Proven ability to develop channels of distribution for products and contracted services.
- Sales skills for developing and cultivating contacts, and building business relationships
- Must be an organized self-starter who can work independently; and a highly motivated and self-confident sales professional who is comfortable approaching people in a variety of settings
- Skilled in using specialized software related to departmental operations including database, Internet, spreadsheet, instant messaging, presentation, and word processing programs.
- Ability to communicate extensively and effectively through a variety of channels, including email and the Internet; and present information and respond to questions from clients, customers, managers, and the community.
- Time management skills to handle multiple, competing priorities and work effectively under pressure.
- Basic mathematical skills including the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages
- Human relations skills to build effective working relationships with the internal team, company staff, contractors, customers, community groups and individuals
Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
•Sitting, standing and walking (95-100%)
•Viewing computer monitor, videophone, and pager requiring close vision (40-60%)
Work is performed in a business office or home office environment. Travel to company, customer and vendor sites, including some that are out of the area will be required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
Purple Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website