Application Note: If you select to "Sign in with LinkedIn" , you will be required to also create a candidate home account with Academy Sports + Outdoors. This feature will only pre-populate contact information, job history, education, etc. that you have included on your LinkedIn profile to your Academy Sports + Outdoors job application.
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.Job Description:
1+ year of loss prevention, security or law enforcement experience
High school diploma or equivalent required
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to interface effectively with individuals at various levels
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to remain organized, pay attention to detail, and meet critical deadlines
- Analytical with strong problem solving abilities and creative resolution skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
Regular attendance required
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands and requirements include: Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear reach, feel, handle, and use repetitive motions (hand/wrist/fingers); frequently stoop, crouch, use fingers, grasp, push, pull; occasionally required to climb, balance, and run
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to frequently drive personal vehicle between Academy stores and corporate office (valid drivers license and reliable transportation required)
- Communicate concerns directly to the store management team and Loss Prevention Department as appropriate
- Use technology and personal observation to identify potential internal and external theft issues
- Deter and detain external shoplifting suspects and thoroughly document incidents
- Assist with investigation and resolution of internal theft issues
- Identify physical security and safety concerns on Academy properties
- Document and maintain records of incidents relating to Loss Prevention issues
- Maintain good relationships with local law enforcement agencies in order to obtain their assistance when necessary
- Maintain knowledge of products and their placement throughout the store
- Identify external and internal activity that is suspicious
- Learn and operate basic store equipment, including but not limited to: video surveillance systems, electronic article surveillance (EAS) systems and computer and other office machines
- Develop a thorough understanding of Academy policies, procedures and safety rules
Duties may change; associates may be required to perform other duties as assignedFull time
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Apply on company website