Just as aluminum is the element of possibility, so too, are our current and future employees. We relentlessly pursue outstanding and sustainable results and creatively transform ideas into value. At Alcoa you can quickly make your mark, impact your world and grow your career. Alcoa is a truly global company with many locations worldwide. The majority of our hiring takes place in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Iceland, Hungary, The Netherlands, Norway, Spain, and the United States. While some roles are based on-site, Alcoa also offers a flexible working model for certain positions. Come learn what's possible for you!
About the jobAlcoa is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminium products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back more than 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminium an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since developing the aluminium industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate. This kind of operating excellence takes a special kind of team, made up of special people. One of them could be you.
Open to external and internal applicants
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity to join Alcoa's Global Asset Management team located at the Lista hub where your excellent communication and engagement skills, coupled with the strength of your technical expertise, energy and a passion for driving innovative and disruptive equipment and technology improvement will directly support the overall success of Alcoa's worldwide smelting locations.
You will play an integral role leading the identification, development, management and deployment of smelter equipment best practice and improvement opportunities, working closely with key stakeholders, and supported by the expertise and resources of the Global Asset Management Team, to optimise smelter asset performance, costs and productivity inside a structured 10 year rolling program.
Specifically, your key contributions will include:
- Developing and deploying disruptive technologies and equipment across all locations globally
- Driving improvement opportunities across all locations to establish maintenance and engineering standards and best practice for the consistent and stable operation of all installed assets.
- Drive future of operations automation and technology initiatives.
- Building and strengthening networks and relationships – both internally and externally - that deliver the support and engagement of plant personnel, suppliers and customers in executing maintenance and engineering objectives globally
- Working collaboratively with other functional teams including Procurement, Digital/Technology, IT, across challenging multi-cultural work environments, supporting initiatives and activities on the maintenance and improvement of availability and reliability of assets
- Leveraging of the available internal and external resources/expertise worldwide to rapidly solve problems and identify and deploy improvement opportunities
- Providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) and technical support for engineering and maintenance of mechanical assets to ensure optimal availability, performance, management and optimisation with the development of strategies and roadmaps
To play a part in our ongoing success we are seeking someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering
- Broad experience across Mining, Refining or Smelting within a Mechanical maintenance and reliability leadership capacity
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence multiple stakeholders across various global locations
- Proven experience in the development and deployment of equipment innovation and improvements
- Detailed knowledge and expertise in mechanical assets and specific SME areas
- Experience in developing successful organisational & site level reliability strategies/frameworks and roadmaps
- Strategic analytical thinking and has a creative approach to problem-solving
- High energy, detail minded, ability to work in systematic, structured and efficient manner
- Innovator and forward thinker willing to challenge status quo.
- Willing to travel regionally to Alcoa operations
Apply on company website