What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Micro-architect/RTL Design Engineer
As a member of the Infinity Fabric Architecture and RTL team, you will help build the next generation last level cache (LLC) and coherent interconnect to provide connectivity between CPU, GPU and special purpose accelerators. Every product that AMD sells has its own custom-designed Infinity Data Fabric, so this role gives an engineer the opportunity to work on a broad array of products that address a variety of markets, including traditional servers, high performance computing, client desktop and laptop PCs, machine intelligence, graphics, console gaming, embedded, and customer-specific applications. It is a challenging position that involves working at a fast pace of innovation on the cutting edge of technology. Come join the AMD team!
We are seeking an experienced RTL design engineer with strong communication and leadership skills. A global mindset and ability to work in a multi – site environment are keys to being successful in this role.
- Early architectural/performance exploration through micro architectural definition and design.
- Optimize the design to meet power, performance, area and timing requirements.
- Write easily readable and synthesizable Verilog RTL.
- Run some unit level testing to deliver quality code to the Design Verification Team.
- Create assertions to improve coverage and cover points to analyze coverage of the design.
- Create well written block level design documentation.
- Participate in post silicon functional and performance debug and tuning.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Proven experience designing logic blocks in CPU, GPU, NOC, or cache designs.
- Excellent knowledge of Verilog and System Verilog
- Working knowledge of C, C++ and a scripting language like Perl or Python
- Strong understanding of digital electronics and high-speed designs(>1GHz).
- Good understanding of multi-processor coherency, memory ordering, i/o ordering, interrupts, MMU and caches.
- Good debugging and analytical skills
- Exposure to Design for Test, understanding of scan concepts and writing DFT friendly RTL
- Working knowledge of x86 or ARM ISA is a plus.
BS, MS, or PhD degree in Electrical or Computer engineering. Advance degree preferred.
Austin, TX or Santa Clara, CA
Requisition Number: 100462
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website