What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Physical Design Manager.
Manage a team to work with global IP design team and physical design team for large scale ASIC chip physical implementation. Focus on physical design of deep sub-micron chips including block level, (full chip) floor planning, timing closure, irem , place&route, physical verification etc. Also need to look at front end integration work like synthesis, sdc generation, formality check etc. The individual is expected to be an expert in multiple aspects in PD areas, frontend integration area and provide technical leadership to the people reported to him or her. The candidate is also expected to look at people's career path in the group and match that to projects' needs.
- MSEE with 11+ years or Bachelor with 12+ years of industrial experience in ASIC design
- > 12+ years or more years of experience in physical design or frontend integration of deep submicron digital ASIC chips
- Hands on experience in large scale ASIC chip physical design
- Manager experience for a group with 5~10 direct reports is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of deep submicron ASIC design flow
- Successfully gone through several complete product development cycles
- Demonstrate strong leadership and work well with cross-functional teams
- Good listening, writing and speaking English.
- Good communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the flexibility
- Dedicated, hardworking and good team player
- Familiar with Back-End (physical design) EDA tools
- Familiar with Front-End EDA tools is a plus
- Familiar with Unix/Linux environment and good at scripts
- Should have exp lead min of 5 to 10-member team.
- Min of 1 to 2 Tapeout experience
Requisition Number: 114205
Country/Region/Location: India State/Province: Karnataka City: Bangalore
Job Function: Design
Apply on company website