What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Commercial Joint Innovation Program Lead (Program Management) - 99622
With AMD's Client engineering teams, you will be exposed to the world's best Desktop/PC and Mobile CPU, GPU and APU processors for accelerated system computing power. As an AMD Client Engineer you will have visibility to cutting edge multi-layered security features, H-Series processors optimized for gamers and creators, and U-Series processors optimized for thin and light notebooks. In addition, you will learn how AMD achieves unprecedented performance and battery life with 7nm “Zen 3” core architecture. Zen is delivering a 19% IPC and up to 26% gaming performance generational uplift, with power efficiency up to 2.8X greater than the performance-per-watt of our competition. Come join our world class client engineering team providing rapid career growth advancement, and access to cutting edge client technologies, through its year over year record-breaking market share, product performance and revenue gains!The role:
In this high-profile role, we are looking for a Lead for Client Systems Engineering. You will lead joint innovation programs between AMD and our largest customers including customer specific innovation experiences, integration, optimization, and solution delivery to enable industry groundbreaking “Hero” Mobile, Desktop, and Workstation platforms. You will work across all Engineering and Business functions to meet overall program objectives from an Engineering and Customer facing perspective.The person:
Minimum of 8 years of validated experience in product development from a design, platform, product and/or program management field. The candidate should have experience as a Technical Lead, Program Manager, and Business Team interface with the ability to drive multi-site and multi-disciplined engineering programs.Key responsibilities:
- OEM Customer point of contact for Commercial Programs
- Manage innovation ideation, incubation, feature selection, and platform level execution with OEMs and AMD
- Aggregate ambiguous OEM and AMD program level details, identify and own the path forward
- Build outstanding “out of the box” customer experience
- Drive resolution of Customer blocking and end-user use case issues
- Assess programs and leverage learning to improve AMD's development and release processes
- Ability to network, build relationships, and drive effective decision-making across multiple functions and levels within the organization and with Customers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly
- Highly organized, able to prioritize, and prioritise multiple work streams to tight deadlines
- Effective influencing skills to lead, empower, and guide geographically distributed technical teams
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Quick to adapt to dynamic business and technical requirements
- BS or Master's degree in related field preferred.
Austin, Texas - Relocation provided
AMD offers excellent medical, dental, vision and vacation/Holiday benefits with a focus on work life balance.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Requisition Number: 99622
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Other Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website