What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Technical Program Administrator The Role:
The Strategic Alignment and Analytics (SAA) team ensures that the 400-strong Software Systems Engineering (SSE) organization driving product and software quality at AMD is a well-oiled machine. The team develops the strategy and initiatives to drive alignment across the SSE organization and with the rest of the company.
As a Technical Program Administrator, you will become familiar with the vast ecosystem of programs, projects and initiatives involved in producing the software graphics driver and in assuring its quality. You will apply your expertise to supervise the different activities, ensure updates are communicated, and connect the dots as needed. You will interact with business and technical leaders in strategy, release management, engineering, validation and program management roles to understand their timelines and constraints, and convey the messaging optimally. You will perform functions around operations to support the Chief-of-Staff for SSE, and to support the team and organization in a PM capacity.The Person:
The successful candidate is self-motivated and is comfortable working with a broad set of tools, languages, and technologies – and has a high aptitude for diving in and picking up new things. The candidate thrives in a fast-paced and agile environment and knows how to balance multiple deadlines. Although the candidate is an independent self-starter and takes the initiative to get things done with minimal direction, the working environment is an open and collaborative space – so clear communication and enjoying teamwork across global sites is a must.
The candidate values simplicity, brevity and effective messaging. Attention to detail is imperative. The candidate is able to discern patterns from multiple ongoing activities, take initiative to develop solutions, build relationships and get buy-in to achieve objectives. The candidate values inclusivity and cohesion, and breaks down silos.Key Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the big picture, stay in the loop, and track programs, projects and initiatives happening in the SSE org and within the SAA team
- Develop and execute repeatable procedures to retrieve key information from these different activities
- Develop a scalable system for SSE PMs to manage projects, supervise milestones and provide updates – and provide mentorship and guidance when needed
- Develop PowerPoint templates and presentations, and assist with proofreading material and providing feedback with presentation delivery
- Provide support for handling CAPEX, OPEX and resource forecasting
- A degree in a technical field is preferred, but not crucial
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Handled CAPEX, OPEX and resource forecasting activities
- Mastery in MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficiency with JIRA
- Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent from a university
- Or BA/BS in related field
- Markham, Ontario
Requisition Number: 95447
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function:Other Engineering
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website