American Financial Network, Inc. ("AFN") is reshaping the mortgage industry from what it was to what it should be. AFN is a multi-billion dollar mortgage lender. We have a fast-paced, energetic sales force with an unstoppable marketing machine, and state-of-the-art technology that has propelled us to a Top Mortgage lender for 5 years running, Top 100 mortgage companies in America for the last 3 years, 50 best companies to work for in 2017, America's Fastest Growing Companies the last 2 years and Top Mortgage Employer in 2017. Motivated employees from coast-to-coast are the reason we have been able to achieve these accolades. Fierce dedication to the company's winning principles, integrity, honesty and teamwork, gives AFN the edge to continually exceed the expectations of its employees and customers, and makes this a company people are proud to be associated with. These are the reasons AFN employees earned over $100 million dollars in 2016.
Under the direction of the Funding Supervisor the Doc Drawer manages file flow and act as an advocate from doc draw through loan funding, uses extensive knowledge of mortgage loan products, loan documents, loan funding requirements and escrow/title practices, as well as regulatory compliance laws as they apply to mortgage lending transactions to deliver a quality product.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of loan documents.
- Review loan documents and check for accuracy and data integrity
- Effectively communicate status and expectations to internal staff, loan originators, closing agents and notary signers.
- Ensure data integrity by reviewing loan data in Point, DU/LP, Loan Transmittal and 1003.
- Verify lock information and final fee sheet is in compliance with loan originator compensation per company guidelines.
- Perform Predatory Lending Tests on all loans.
- Verify appraisal and credit documentation are not expired.
- Review loan for compliance with RESPA, RESPA tolerances, TILA and MDIA.
- Review signed loan documents, HUD, loan approval and investor conditions.
- Review warehouse reports and work loan suspense to ensure timely investor purchase of loans.
- Maintain detailed notes in the Point conversation log through the transaction.
- Contact borrower, closing agents, and real estate agents to request conditions as needed to ensure close of escrow and rate lock expiration are met.
- Provide feedback to management on suggested policy changes and/or enhancements.
- Maintains a high level of customer service with quick response times and accurate information (both internally and externally).
- Performs other duties as assigned, including assisting other team members and management as needed.
- Knowledge of RESPA, TILA, HVCC/AIR, MDIA, Regulatory Compliance and legal requirements.
- Must have current knowledge of document systems and policies and procedures of document drawing. Review mandatory regulatory requirements on a per file basis to ensure proper documents and timing of those documents are received and noted.
- Communicates with Broker and escrow agent when documents are drawn and forwards to Title Company or Escrow via delivery method indicated by document request.
- Follows stacking order as conditions are signed off and new information is received. Maintains stacking order integrity.
- Maintains conversation log in Data Trac to properly track the forward movement of the file.
- Validate fees and perform compliance and high cost loan tests
- Review loan documents for funding and regulatory compliance.
- Prepare collateral packages for shipment to warehouse bank.
- Prepare shipping packages for shipment to investor.
- Review funding conditions to ensure a complete file.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent (GED).
- Two years of previous mortgage industry experience, with at least 2+ years doc drawing and/or funding experience
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Superior knowledge of personal computers and applicable software.
- (Microsoft office, Microsoft Outlook and Calyx Point, Loan Prospector, Desktop Underwriter)
High degree of integrity and confidentiality required.
- Working knowledge of Data Trac and Calyx Point 4.4 a plus
- Strong mathematical and computer skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills Highly detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of mortgage loan process
- Knowledge of RESPA, TILA, MDIA requirements
- Solid experience working with multiple loan types and conduits
- FHA, VA, USDA and Conventional Guidelines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to move between tasks quickly is preferred; being able to respond to pressure situations easily and work productively in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment.
- Knowledge of FHA, VA, USDA and Conventional loan products, underwriting procedures, creditor financial analysis techniques, investor requirements and escrow/title practices, as well as regulatory compliance laws as they apply to mortgage transactions.
American Financial Network, Inc., NMLS #237341 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website