Summary of Position:
Assist the Golf Course Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent in providing a quality and competitive golf product to internal and external guests.
- Inspect Golf Course for quality and condition, report challenges to supervisor.
- Report to supervisor status of works in progress.
- Ensure completion of all work assignments by greenskeepers.
- Perform general golf course maintenance activities as required.
- Translate verbal and written communications.
- Participate in company and/or department training meetings.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform combination of supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Assist with applications of chemicals on course
- Assist with special course projects
- Perform repairs and maintenance to irrigation system.
- Monitor maintenance crew on weekends or as needed.
- Assist fellow team members as needed.
Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School diploma preferred.
Experience: Golf Course Maintenance. At least 2+ years of supervisory experience.
Certificates or Licenses: Certified Applicators License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and communicate repair challenges.
- Ability to lift heavy items (20-100 lbs).
- Knowledge of equipment and tools used in golf course maintenance.
- Ability to use equipment and tools used in golf course maintenance.
- Ability walk, stand, bend kneel for long periods.
- Ability to work in a harsh environment.
- Ability to push/pull heavy objects (20-100 lbs).
- Ability to walk long distances.
- Ability to work alone with limited supervision.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
Apply on company website