PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to provide health care and services on an intermittent basis to patients in their home. The LPN will provide skilled nursing care according to physician orders and the written plan of care under the direction and supervision of an RN.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Collects and documents objective and subjective assessment data and observations about the patient's condition and reports response to treatments and changes in the patient's physical or emotional condition to the physician and RN
- Implements the current plan of care at the direction of the RN
- Provides nursing services, treatments and preventive and rehabilitative procedures as assigned
- Documents accurate and complete notes of observations, treatments and care of patients
- Documents the patient's response to the plan of care
- Contributes to the revision of the nursing plan of care
- Contributes to the evaluation of the patient's response to the plan of care through documentation and verbal communication with other members of the interdisciplinary team
- Supports, instructs and educates the patient, family and caregiver regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems of the patient at home
- Assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques
- Demonstrates respect for personal privacy and property
- Supports the patient's and family's diversity
- Participates in case conference meetings to discuss the need for involvement of other members of the interdisciplinary team
- Consults and collaborates with the interdisciplinary team and other agencies involved in the patient's care as needed
- Administers medications and treatments according to the Ohio Board of Nursing Nurse Practice Act
- Performs other activities or tasks within the scope of practice of the licensed practical nurse
- Meets daily average productivity standard established by the organization.
- Displays a positive and professional image and attitude in all relationships with patients, families, peers and in the community
- Participates in the Quality Assessment Performance Improvement (QAPI) program
- Demonstrates flexibility in meeting the needs of the program and responds positively to changes in workflow
- Complies with agency infection control and safety policies
- Completes annual competency requirements
- Consistently communicates requests, suggestions, concerns or problems to the appropriate personnel
- Consistently completes assigned responsibilities in required time frame and accepts additional duties and responsibilities as requested by the Director of Clinical Operations
- Protects patient health information according to HIPPA Privacy Rule and Aultman policies
- Creates and fosters a work environment that is consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values of the Aultman Health Foundation
- Supports strategic organizational goals
- Abides by the Aultman Code of Conduct
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent to this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing
- Current State of OH LPN license
- Two years recent nursing experience in acute, long-term care or home care, with at least one in home care preferred
- Must be able to work independently, have demonstrated patient teaching skills and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Current BLS certification
- Valid OH Driver's License
- Must have own transportation and provide proof of insurance
- Basic computer skills
- Hours of operation with shifts as assigned.
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
- Subject to emergency and other crisis situations
- Hazardous Exposure Category 1
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
PURPOSE: To identify specific functions job requirements and work environment factors that could affect job performance.
Check all factors that are present as essential job requirements and check whether the factor is performed.
O = Occasionally = 0- 33% of the work shift or 0- 32 repetitions.
F = Frequently = 34-66% of the work shift or 32-200+ repetitions.
C = Constantly = 67-100% of the work shift or 200+ repetitions.
N = Not essential job requirement.
O Lifting (70 pounds)
O Carrying (70 pounds)
O Pushing (70 pounds)
N Climbing with (70 pounds)
O Reaching Up/Reaching Forward
HAZARDOUS EXPOSURE CATEGORY
Apply on company website