BAE Systems FAST Labs™ is seeking an RF Sr. Systems Engineer to work in our Lexington, MA; Burlington, MA; or Merrimack, NH locations.
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Through research programs funded by science and technology R&D organizations within the U.S. Department of Defense, the research and development team in FAST Labs™ collaborate across the enterprise. On this team, you'll have the opportunity to create and develop advanced technology capabilities in the areas of advanced electronics, autonomy, cyber, electronic warfare, and sensors and processing. Many engineers at FAST Labs™ have made significant contributions to projects for the nation's most prestigious research organizations including DARPA, Army Research Labs, NRL, and Air Force Research Labs. We are seeking an individual with demonstrated leadership skills working with multi-functional teams in a fast-paced DARPA environment.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical area (math, engineering, hard science)
• 4+ years professional experience in an engineering role.
• Link budget analyses and RF propagation models
• Designing RF receive and transmit architectures (e.g. filter, LNA, ADC, DAC, LO, HPA, Digital Receiver specifications and selection)
• Experience with Software Defined Radio (SDR) architectures and systems
• Ability to determine RFFE/RFIC performance and noise sources, e.g. NF, spurs, P1dB, etc.
• RF Systems applications to Comms, Radar, EW, ESM, SIGINT, etc. domains
• US Secret clearance eligibility
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• Antenna apertures and arrays - antenna patterns, polarization, AESA and PESA phased arrays
• Experience with digital receiver architecture and digital signal processing techniques
• Deriving dynamic range, phase coherency, scan scheduling, and delay memory requirements
• Experience with US Department of Defense product development
• An active US Top Secret clearance, and SCI eligibility
• Master's Degree in a technical area (math, engineering, hard science)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website