You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics –from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The World TM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
This Product Line Operations Director position reports to the C4ISRS Business Area Operations Director and manages the Operations/Manufacturing function of our newly formed Integrated Communication Solutions (ICS) Product Line. Candidates for this role will manage the manufacturing operations for two geographic sites and can work out of either facility in Wayne, NJ or Fort Wayne, IN.
Responsibilities are listed as follows:
- Leads the Product Line Operations function in meeting or exceeding business and quality objectives associated with the development and delivery of company products - in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Influences product design and material selection to drive a reduction in Unit Production Cost within the Product Line products.
- Works with Supplier Partnerships to lead and shape the manufacturing fulfillment strategy for production of the business' products through development of an outsourcing plan or deployment of internal manufacturing capabilities.
- Develops and implements a strategic manufacturing roadmap that interfaces with technology roadmap hand-ins from both the Product Line and Design Engineering.
- Demonstrates proven experience with manufacturing of complex electro/mechanical hardware, high mix CCA manufacturing and related test equipment.
- Supports the Business Area Operations Director in managing the Operations capital strategy and resulting budget in support of the Product Line Business. Manages functional expense budgets.
- Develops and implement plans to improve productivity, reduce scrap and rework costs - while driving to zero defects and 100% on time delivery.
- Manages the acquisition of staff with the skills and capabilities to meet the manufacturing demands through hiring, staff development/training, mentoring, and personal growth opportunities.
- Implements lean and continuous improvement activities.
- Supports the “Design Anywhere, Build Anywhere” objectives.
- Drives a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture between the Wayne, New Jersey and Ft Wayne Indiana sites. Drives a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture between the Wayne, New Jersey and Ft Wayne Indiana sites.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Engineering Degree and 12+ Years experience within Manufacturing.
- Operations leadership experience in high volume high / mix manufacturing (Manufacturing, Supply Chain, New Product Introduction).
- Experience and/or demonstrated ability to lead large manufacturing teams (100+ personnel) of factory touch and manufacturing engineers.
- Background in DTUPC, DFM, DFT, New Product Introduction (NPI) to rate manufacturing, manufacturing process, and manufacturing readiness.
- Practical understanding of DoD military manufacturing and product development lifecycle.
- Proven record of on time, on budget, high quality product production.
- Able to effectively work and collaborate across company's technical and non-technical functional disciplines (Program Office, Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, Finance, Communications, Human Resources).
- Identify and drive manufacturing technologies that supports the vision for factory workplace of the future.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Knowledge and/or experience with AS9145/APQP is preferred, but also not required.
- Proven leader with strong written, listening and verbal communication skills - Able to multitask effectively with agility.
- Zero Defect manufacturing philosophy and practice Lean Six Sigma.
- Creative and Innovative problem solver.
- Able to obtain an Active Secret clearance.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website