BAE Systems is seeking a Program Director to lead the Resilient Ground Systems (RGS) portfolio. The Program Director will be responsible for program execution and business winning of all RGS programs both existing and potential. The Program Director will report to the C4ISRS Space Systems Director and will lead multiple Program Managers within the group. The candidate will work closely with Business Development, Engineering, Finance, Quality, Contracts and Subcontracts to win new business, grow the portfolio and manage cost, schedule and performance of the prime contracts.
The Program Director is responsible for all aspects of program execution and winning new business with particular emphasis on delivering customer satisfaction, financial and schedule performance, risk/opportunity management, developing strategy, leading captures and growing the business. The Program Director has responsibility to make cogent and timely decisions and acts as the primary point of contact for the San Diego based software development programs.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience with relationship building, including ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) at all levels within the business community. Ensures Space Systems leadership is informed on status and progress of the program. Ensures the coordination of work tasks with key stakeholders, corporate and program leadership.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of BAE Systems engineering, financial, contracts and program controls regarding program performance status (cost / schedule / resources / risk).
- Proficient with developing strategic business plans specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans and, allocation of available resources.
- Directs and monitors work results for meeting software development requirements, specifications and QA standards
- Proficient in the application of Earned Value Management System, Master Planning Techniques (IMP/IMS) and Subcontract Management
- Proficient with program scope management and cost estimating, including estimate to complete/estimate at completion (ETC/EAC) processes.
- Regularly evaluates performance of program tasks in terms of quality, cost control, and achievement of technical, schedule, performance and contractual objectives using standard metrics
- Identifies and develops opportunities to increase the value of the project and to capture new scope via ECPs.
- Ability to initiate, prioritize, and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to operate independently and proactively.
Preferred Skills and Education
-12 year(s) related program management experience, IC and/or DOD experience within the last two years preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience within the Intelligence Community of full life cycle software development programs ($50M portfolio value or greater)
-Experience managing a business with strong knowledge of finance, contracts, subcontracts, and business development
- Experience managing software development programs utilizing agile methodologies within a structured DOD acquisition environment
- Experience managing Cost-plus-fixed-fee (CPFF), Cost-plus award Fee (CPAF) or Firm Fixed-Price (FFP) contract types
-PMP/PMI, ITIL, SAFe Certifications
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website