See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
In C4ISRS, we design and manufacture state-of-the-art systems and technology that enable our customers to execute their precision strike missions. Our Operations employees turn innovative engineering designs into real solutions to meet our customers' needs. From Supply Chain, to manufacturing and test, Electronic Systems offers opportunities to work with technology rarely accessible in other manufacturing firms. Our training and development programs provide employees with career advancement in a diverse work environment.
In this role you will:
- Manage suppliers through all phases of program execution - Support proposal preparation activities, administer subcontracts, and execute supplier management activities to provide for acquisition and fulfillment of direct requirements in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Procure materials, equipment, supplies and services of a highly-specialized and complex nature based on program specific requirements and specifications.
- Prepare and issue complex subcontract types. Validate and contribute to the formation of specifications, statements of work, and Subcontract Management Plans.
- Prepare requests for proposals and review responses for documentation adequacy, develop evaluation criteria, lead proposal evaluation team in fact-finding, and cost/price analyses, and negotiate subcontract provisions.
- Document subcontract files in compliance with FAR/DFAR Regulations, company policies and procedures, and program special provisions.
- Prepares, issues, and administers non-disclosure agreement with subcontractors as required.
- Negotiate Terms and Conditions and specific subcontract terms and conditions including price, delivery, quality, and performance requirements.
- Ability to work independently, as well as manage cross functional program teams on all subcontract related issues; multi-tasking is crucial for success. Must be able to assess, prioritize, drive issues to closure and be assertive when required.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
- Exhibit best practice work habits and collaborate with other subcontract team members to promote operational excellence.
- Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external customers and foster and maintain good supplier relationships.
- Drive Zero Defect initiatives with suppliers.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline and 4 years or more of directly related work experience preferably in a government-contracting environment.
- Experience in a large, complex multifaceted electronics design & manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations and the Understanding of the role of subcontractors in complex industries.
- Experience leading major procurement efforts in a Department of Defense (DOD) contracting environment.
- Knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations and the nature of flow down requirements.
- Knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and EAR (Export Administration Regulation)
- Comprehensive understanding of subcontractor solicitations and bid analysis/process.
- Strong working experience generating, negotiating and executing major subcontracts/purchases.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve contractual conflicts with subcontractors through negotiations and contractual vehicles.
- Project / Supplier Management
- Financial Acumen
- Proven leadership and organizational change experience
- Ability to motivate and manage personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Strong experience managing Subcontracts or Procurement team.
- Strategic/Critical Thinking
- Ability to find win-win solutions; a “make it happen” attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Curiosity and desire for continuous improvement
- Generosity of thought and knowledge
- Familiarity with Oracle purchasing system
- Cost Analysis experience
- Graduate Degree in a related field.
- Professional Supply Chain Certification: C.P.M., C.P.S.M., P.M.P.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website