Company: BAE Systems
Location: York, PA
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Manufacturing, Engineering, Aerospace
The BAE Systems site in York, Pennsylvania supporting Combat Vehicles is seeking a Senior Weld Engineer. In this role, the Senior Weld Engineer:
- Executes and documents Welding Procedure Qualifications and Weld Procedure Specifications for multiple welding processes and material types in accordance with (IAW) applicable standards;
- Executes and documents Welder Performance Qualifications IAW applicable standards;
- Provides hands-on training to production welders/operators for manual and/or automated processes;
- Evaluates non-conforming product and generates weld repair procedures where applicable;
- Supports the evaluation and implementation of new welding technology (automation, new processes/equipment);
- Reviews Technical Data Packages (drawings, specifications, etc) for producibility related to welding processes;
- Interface with DoD and customer representatives to resolve Weld Engineering-related issues
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- Working experience with GMAW, GMAW-P, and automated/mechanized welding processes (Aluminum and Steel);
- Experience creating or supporting the creation of PQRs and WPSs;
- Experience executing Welder Performance Qualifications
- Experience working to AWS D1.1, D1.2 or similar standard;
- Experience administering/supporting a training curriculum;
- Proficiency in typical computer programs including Microsoft Office Suite (Powerpoint, Project, Excel);
- Excellent communication skills, writing and verbal.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Degree in weld engineering, weld engineering technology, metallurgy or closely related degree preferred.
- Certification and experience working as an AWS Certified Welding Inspector (or equivalent) a plus;
- Experience working with a DoD or other U.S. Government customer preferred;
- Proficient in AutoDesk/AutoCAD beneficial;
- Proficient in ProE/Wildfire software helpful;
- Current or prior welding certification / qualifications;
- Process/Product validation experience using formal methodologies.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website