Our laboratory consist of both Medical Technologist and Medical Laboratory Technicians both of whom are certified by and accrediting agency and licensed by the State of Louisiana. Technologists work as a team in multiple areas such as: Blood Bank, Chemistry, Coagulation, Hematology, Microbiology, Serology, and Urinalysis. Technologists have the opportunity to apply a broad range of lab expertise and gain invaluable experience as a generalist.
Our Core Lab has an automated line for receiving, centrifuging, routing, testing, and storage of lab specimens. Total automation has allowed more efficient use of our technologist time to concentrate on those duties that require their professional expertise, such as quality improvement processes and high complexity testing.
JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION:
- Performs routine and special clinical laboratory tests on patient specimens, correlates and interprets data based on knowledge of techniques, principles and instruments. Investigates problems, performs corrective and preventive maintenance of equipment, prepares reagents, and performs data entry of test results. Responsibilities include applying clinical laboratory techniques in accordance with standardized methodology.
Educational Opportunities within the first year of employment include:
- Our employees areprovided required continuing education specific to their training as well as organizational wide continuing education to maintain their competency both as a clinical scientist as well as a hospital employee.
- New equipment and technology education is provided both internally and externally by the laboratory and manufacturers of equipment.
- Staff are offered opportunities and encouraged to also attend webinars and workshops.
- Tuition reimbursement is available for those employees wanting to further their education is their area of expertise. We do work with staff schedules to allow for continuing education.
- Technologists may be assigned extra duties to support lab compliance and talent management goals. Examples are taking the lead to implement new testing, becoming a mentor/trainer for new personnel, representing the lab as a front-line employee on Quality Improvement projects, and assisting the research department with specific specimen protocols.
- Our lab is accredited by the CAP (College of American Pathologists). Our lab personnel actively participate as CAP team members performing regulatory inspections of peer hospitals in our region in addition to on-site self-inspections.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Current Clinical Laboratory Scientist-Technician or Clinical Laboratory Scientist-Generalist license issued by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners.
Apply on company website