PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
To provide nursing care to Physicians Plus patients and assist the provider in responding to the health needs of patients.
Physicians Plus Urgent Care is a division of Blanchard Valley Health System, which provides a total continuum of care to more than 100,000 households in an eight-county area. The Blanchard Valley Health System mission is to provide "Caring for a lifetime".
Duty 1: Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care to provide for the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 2: Establishes and maintains communication, and utilizes teaching opportunities to provide for the specific learning needs of each patient and their family.
Duty 3: Collaborates with Physicians/Providers regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 4: Demonstrates accountability and leadership in performance to ensure quality of patient care and promotion of team collaboration.
Duty 5: Assists and performs other duties as assigned by management and/or the physician.
Duty 6: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
Duty 7: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and compliance.
Duty 8: Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Licensure in the state of Ohio as a Registered Nurse.
- Ability to work a 12-hour shift; weekend and holiday rotation is required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills essential.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status.
- Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- 1 year previous nursing experience.
- EKG, phlebotomy, aerosol treatment experience.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. The associate will be required to walk up to two hours a day, sit for four hours a day, and stand for two hours a day. The individual must be able to lift 50 pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The associate must have good eye/hand coordination and fine finger dexterity. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
Apply on company website