Job Summary:Maintain electrical systems with respect to process / packaging equipment and facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs PMs and predictive maintenance on processing lines, packaging lines, the Towveyor System and building facilities. Retrieve and close out PMs and work orders from CMMS system. Makes recommendations for PM adjustments and/or PM additions to equipment.
- Installs, repairs and tests electrical systems on industrial equipment including relay logic control, power distribution, lighting, fire and security alarms and telephones. Performs installation of raceways and wiring, basic troubleshooting with PLC logic using ladder diagrams and Input/Output modules.
- Performs scheduled overhauls of processing and packaging lines.
- Draft as built schematic drawings for future use, log and report work order calibrations.
- Research and order parts for projects and general maintenance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
Education Level and Focus:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
Years and Type of Related Experience Required:
- Minimum of 2 years of electrical experience in industrial plant environment. Must be able to troubleshoot using electrical schematics, relay logic, AC/DC motor controls and VFDs. Ability to perform basic troubleshooting with PLC logic using ladder diagrams and monitoring Input/Output modules is preferred. Experienced in installation of raceways and wiring. Must be familiar with NEC guidelines.
Skills and Abilities:
Interpersonal and Communication:
- Position may require performing duties alone or as a group. Strong and effective communication skills a must.
Technical and Analytical:
- Position requires good knowledge of various industrial production equipment used in an industrial plant environment. Must possess math aptitude for understanding or performing measurements, calibrations, and equipment specifications. May be required to attend outside training seminars. Must be able to determine and solve technical problems in the field. Must be able to work with a variety of hand tools and power tools. Must be familiar with NEC. This position requires the use of personal hand tools to perform the work.
Administration and Operations:
- Works under limited supervision and receives instructions, and guidelines from Supervisors or Lead Electrician. Must follow Blue Diamond HACCP processes and auditing, Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMPs) and safety practices.
- The position requires the ability to meet the physical demands of heavy lifting to carry out the assigned duties. Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Position may require employee to work around and troubleshoot energized equipment and is routinely exposed to hazardous materials. Position may require the exposure to various adverse conditions such as, heat, cold, noise, dust, fumes, dirt, and grease, and chemical substance.
Special Equipment Used:
- Computer, Genie Boom Lifts, Scissor Lifts, Forklifts, Electric Carts, Various Electrical Testing Equipment and Power Tools.
Education:High School/GED (Required)
Other Job Details:
Hourly Rate (if applicable):$38.15 Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People! Blue Diamond Growers (BDG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. BDG provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information. BDG also complies with all provisions of the U.S. Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.
Apply on company website