Summary/Objective: This role requires acting as a General Manager over one-company owned restaurant and 1-3 additional restaurants. Responsible for every aspect of the business for those restaurants: P&L accountability; facility management; local store marketing; community service & public relations; inventory control (product & food cost); employee life cycle: selecting, hiring, training, developing, and retaining General Managers, Assistant General Manager, and Catering Operations Supervisors. Ensure operational plans and deployments are executed within established guidelines. Manage the implementation of approved deployments and programs generated by other departments (e.g. marketing, human resources, financial, and legal programs). Ensure the region's corporate assets are properly maintained and safeguarded, and reasonable return on investment for building and equipment capital expenditures.
As the Area Supervisor
- Leads all restaurants with integrity and facilitates a focus on the Company's mission and values: Simplify life for our guests by creating awesome rotisserie meals, served quickly by warm and friendly people.
- Ensures operational programs and deployments are executed according to established guidelines.
- Regularly performs QSC audits.
- Conducts quarterly compliance audits.
- Provides clear and consistent direction to Area and General Managers by conducting regular meetings and/or conference calls.
- Ensures desired results are simultaneously achieved in the test process, base business, and catering.
- Develops and consistently delivers profitable P&L's for every assigned restaurant.
- Constantly increases sales and transactions by developing short term marketing plans.
- Safeguards company assets and ensures return on investment for building and equipment expenses.
- Effectively attracts, identifies, interviews, selects, and hires individuals that are the best fit and most qualified for the business.
- Conducts onboarding, and off boarding activities and identifies problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement and suggests solutions; follows through with outstanding employee documentation to ensure compliance.
- Constantly challenges and inspires General and Assistant General Managers to achieve successful business results.
- Builds, manages, and maintains an effective team through training, and development; provides meaningful and timely performance and behavioral feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Identifies, develops, and retains key employees by implementing succession plans for high potential General and Assistant General Managers.
- Coaches General Managers in restaurant management recruiting, development, performance management, and retention in order to ensure the restaurants are properly staffed, turnover goals are met, and succession planning is in place.
- Creates a positive team environment by recognizing and reinforcing individual and restaurant accomplishments.
- Prevents employee relation issues by consistently executing human resources practices and ensuring guidelines and processes are adhered to.
- Assists restaurant managers to settle work-related conflicts with employees through advice and recommendation.
- Investigates escalated employee relations issues and according to circumstances, provides recommendations for problem resolution with HR partner and implements disciplinary decision.
- Creates and maintains a high-energy, high performing market where employees exceed expectations.
- Guarantees flawless execution of catering orders.
Effective Communication, written and oral
Execution Excellence & Reliability
Financial & Business Acumen
Teamwork & Collaboration
This position is responsible for the hiring, training, coaching, developing, and managing the performance of the General and Assistant Managers, Catering Operations Supervisors, and crew members.
- Some amount of time driving to and working in restaurant locations.
- Withstand temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit or less and 100 degrees Fahrenheit or more.
- Move throughout the restaurant for extended periods of time (up to 10-12 hours per day).
- Move 50 lbs. for distances of up to 10 feet.
- Balance and move up to 25 lbs. for distances of up to 50 feet.
- Understand and respond to team members' and guests' requests in a loud environment.
- Perform basic math and understand finances and cost management.
- Bend, stoop, and reach in order to load and spit chicken, stock shelves, serve customers, and clean the restaurant.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and hours and days are dependent on business needs.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to travel significantly within the region.
- Ability to work extensive hours.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years' experience managing 2 units.
- 3 years' experience in hiring and staffing, training, and the on-going management of a multi-lingual restaurant staff.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Relationships / Contacts:
Collaborate with trainers, Sales Team Leaders, Marketing personnel, and human resource professionals to achieve regional objectives on an ongoing basis. Frequently contacts Catering Operations Supervisor, Director of Operations, HR manager, various field support, and support center personnel as needed. Interacts daily with General and Assistant Managers, Hourly Shift Supervisors, as well as works alongside crew members and guests.
Boston Market Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status.
Apply on company website