The Assistant Director of Stewardship Reporting manages the program dedication to standard stewardship reporting and oversees the performance of the Stewardship Reporting Team. The team is responsible for providing standardized reporting functions at scale and with a level of personalization that enhances the experience of Brown's donors. The Assistant Director oversees a team that utilizes a blend of technology, design/creative skills, and business process management to deliver data-driven reporting as well as curated narratives. These functions are the core of Brown's efforts to document, celebrate, and communicate the impact of giving to Brown.
The Assistant Director works closely with key stakeholders to collect, curate, and maintain stewardship reporting data and information. Similarly, they collaborate with Advancement colleagues to provide information essential to effectively steward Brown's donors. In support of the work of all business partners, the Assistant Director is responsible for the timely, reliable, and consistent provision of reporting assets in a systematic, scalable, and sustainable manner.
Reporting to the Director of Stewardship, the Assistant Director provides regular updates on project and production statuses, documents and maintains all production processes, and promotes a culture of continuous improvement through regular review of practices in light of organizational and strategic needs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications skills
- Technical project management experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to interpret data and use it to drive marketing and/or business decisions
- Detail-oriented and analytical, but also able to see the “big picture.” Must possess growth mindset and leadership ability
- Candidates must demonstrate a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment
- Highly proficient in data handling, management and querying skills
- Ensure data integrity and utilize data to improve/automate processes
- Identify business and partner needs; translate to solutions and technical specifications
- Project management, including defining project scopes, requirements, roles and responsibilities, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) systems is essential
- Must be comfortable learning and using new technologies
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail, especially data inaccuracies
- Work independently while managing complex processes and delivering high-quality products
- Experience with database query tools strongly preferred
Candidates please note: all offers of employment are contingent upon a completed criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:2020-05-27-07:00
Job Posting Title:Assistant Director, Stewardship Reporting
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website