DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Centerpoint Medical Center – Independence, MORegistered Nurse (RN) – Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - FT nights
**Ask about sign on bonus and relocation bonus available for qualified nurses! Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In recent years, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Centerpoint Medical Center features 285 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Centerpoint Medical Center features the following:
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women's Services, including a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
- We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family's needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that meet your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
- **Up to $10,000 sign on bonus for experienced RN's with at least 1 year of current PCU or ICU experience. Relocation assistance of up to $7500 available for qualified experienced candidates relocating from out of state. Current HCA employees are not eligible for the sign on bonus. The candidate must sign a 2 year work commitment to qualify for the sign on & relocation bonus.
Relocating to Kansas City? Learn more about what Kansas City has to offer:
- The registered nurse coordinates and provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the ICU patient.
- Nursing care is provided in accordance with the hospital and departmental policies and procedures, and supports the mission of Centerpoint.
- The registered nurse in this department provides care for ages 16 and over, young adult patients 18-39 years, adult patients age 40-64 years, and geriatric patients age 65 and older.
- Patients under the age of 16 will be cared for until stable enough for transfer.
- The registered nurse in the ICU will, in addition to basic preparation, acquire advanced knowledge in the psychosocial, spiritual, pathophysiological, and therapeutic components specific to the care of the critically ill patient.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our ICU team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
- Graduation from a school of nursing with either a Diploma, ADN or BSN
- Must hold a current license from the Missouri State Board of Nursing
- BLS certification
- ACLS certification within 6 months – 1 year
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website