ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure implementation of approved application (monitor program/budget appropriately)
- Complete necessary reports and submit to state
- Manage the recruitment and retention of students
- Assists with daily lesson plans and provides instructional support.
- Conduct program orientation for staff, parents, students, partners, and key program staff
- Communicate with school-day teachers regarding specific student needs;
- Track attendance, enrollment and calendar of activities
- Oversee supervision of students from beginning of program to release at end of day
- Coordination and distribution of daily snacks
- Develop program calendar/schedule and ensure activities are delivered as intended
- Schedule and supervisetutors, instructional staff, and program volunteers
- Ensure that the program has a posted schedule and daily written lesson plans with staff assigned to specific duties
- Develop and maintain health and emergency plans/files
- Ensure field trip activities are completed as scheduled and ensure that emergency contacts are accessible
- Develop positive school-day to after-school relationships
- Develop community connections
- Develop a sustainability plan and work toward program sustainability over grant period
- Develop operational policies and practices for the after-school program in cooperation with staff, youth and parents
- Attend mandated program directors' meetings and required professional development trainings
- Ensure compliance with evaluation requirements;data entry into state data collection systems; and,
- Communicate program needs and give weekly updates to school administrator.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates the ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Has the ability to consistently be at work, to arrive on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates excellent oral (including presentations), written, interpersonal (active listening), skills and ability in negotiating and influencing; great phone etiquette.
- Is proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on highest level of quality.
- Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all levels of the organization; relates to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Possesses strong customer and student orientation.
- Has the ability to work with large amounts of data, to research and interpret records, to detect errors, and make the necessary corrections.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Strives to implement best practices.
- Has the ability to be courteous and professional when dealing with parents, children and other co-workers.
- Possesses strong supervisory skills.
- Frequent reaching and stretching to pass out snacks.
- Frequent bending and flexing of arms and legs to play active games with children.
- Light work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally (ice coolers), and/or up to 20 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA Policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2-5 years experience in middle school or secondary education.
- Afterschool/summer program experience. Grant Management experience preferred.
- Computer literacy; proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS).
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Requires fingerprint/background check.
Apply on company website