ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The Lead Custodian shall:
- Ensure that Day Custodian(s) and Night Custodian(s) are performing their assigned duties.
- Inspect the quality of work performed by the Day Custodian(s) and Night Custodian(s).
- Reports to their assigned Supervisor about the quality of services performed by the Night Cleaning Service, Night Custodian(s) and Day Custodian(s) in a frequent manner.
- Assists their Supervisor with Payroll and HR issues for the Day Custodian(s) and Night Custodian(s) by communicating issues to Facilities Supervisor for resolution.
- Clean assigned areas:
- Interior - Hallways, Restrooms, Offices, Classrooms, Multi-purpose Room, and any other area assigned by supervisor
- Exterior – Perimeter of school building, parking lot, playground, windows, and any other area assigned by supervisor
- Empty Trash from any and all trash receptacles.
- Dust FF&E, window sills, air vents and any other area assigned by supervisor.
- Clean and sterilize restroom facilities.
- Clean up bodily messes including vomit, feces, urine and blood in accordance with training
- Remove waste in cafeteria for breakfast and lunch.
- Assist with cleaning cafeteria tables.
- Keep cafeteria floors at an acceptable clean level.
- Sterilize all high use areas to reduce the spread of bacteria and any other harmful agents.
- Assist Head Custodian, if applicable, with cleaning projects or tasks.
- Travel may be required to nearby schools or warehouse/storage.
- Participate, successfully, in the training programs offered to increase the individual's skill and proficiency related to the assignments.
- Review current developments, literature and janitorial sources of information related to job responsibility.
- Ensure adherence to OSHA and maximum safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as delegated by Supervisor.
- Follow federal and state laws, as well as company policies.
- Must carry hand-held radio at all times while on school property if assigned by Supervisor
- Must stay on school property at all times. From beginning of work day until the end of the day, including lunch.
- Assigned a 30-minute lunch break but the time of the lunch period will be changed accordingly to the school's needs. All Lead Custodians are required to report and assist with all emergency situations as needed.
- No Lead Custodian is allowed to leave campus to run errands (personally or for the school) without permission from their Facilities Supervisor.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required personnel so classified.SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of basic janitorial trades including the ability to understand, communicate and deal effectively with others.
- Must be able to understand proper mixing and appropriate use of custodial supplies and chemicals. Ability to perform low level mathematical functions and calculations.
- Familiarity with OSHA, state and local building and fire codes, and inspection processes.
- Strong time management & organizational skills and the ability to prioritize wisely.
- Computer knowledge and experience with all Microsoft Office software, ability to utilize time and material tracking programs.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements for the position.
- Must be able to perform the physical aspects of the job such as climbing ladders; carrying items up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally; continuously walking or standing.
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA's policy.DECLARATION
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Education – minimum high school graduate with continuing education construction or facilities related.
- Experience – A minimum of 3 years of janitorial trade experience.
- Special Qualifications – Must possess the above knowledge, skills, and abilities (Skills and Knowledge).
Apply on company website