The DevOps Engineer will be joining our ongoing and aggressive transformation. Position will play a critical role in designing and coding the next generation CI/CD platform. Position will own and grow the CI/CD pipeline supporting highly effective and robust build, test and deployment process. Play a subject matter expert role in Devops tools, processes and engineering capabilities. This includes working effectively across cloud infrastructure, CI/CD, application monitoring and compliance, with Enterprise Architects, Application Architects and other technical resources and stakeholders. The role will focus on the development and maintenance of cloud infrastructure, CI/CD, monitoring and recovery. The technical skills will focus on cloud and DevOps technologies.
- Promote, document, and implement infrastructure and deployment best practices, building and utilizing tools that allow the team to develop and deploy
- Leverage existing and new tools/automated workflow capabilities to enable the development teams to test and promote code to AWS environment
- Work hand-in-hand with developers in all technical operations and works to reduce or eliminate any repetitive or manual tasks
- Provide operational support for all environments
- Support developers practices in compliance with data security standards and policies
- Research emerging technologies and provide proof of concept
- Participate production risk management by identifying and raising technical risks and issues
- Provides technical support to project team members
- Act as emergency support team as needed.
- B.S. in Computer Science or in a related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years working in a DevOps related role
- Minimum 6 months of programming or scripting
Skills and Knowledge
- In-depth hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure (Networking, Compute, Security, IAM, Configuration, Automation, etc.
- Expert knowledge and direct experience with infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, etc.)
- Solid Experience scripting with languages like bash, etc.
- Expert knowledge and direct experience with container technologies
- Direct experience with configuration management tools such as SaltStack, Ansible
- Direct experience with data platforms such as like MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch and Redis
- Direct experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, etc.
- Direct experience with Application Portfolio tools (Dynatrace, DataDog, ELK, etc.)
- Constantly verifying and reducing infrastructure cost when optimizing the system performance
- In-depth knowledge of Enterprise scale software development and release management
- Direct experience in system backup and disaster recovery
- Provide day-to-day support to developers in production and CI/CD triage
- Strong system-level analytical and troubleshooting skills are absolutely a must
- Strong experience and skills to identify and resolve high-level scalability and performance challenges
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage vendor relationships when needed
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website