Job Details: EXECUTIVE SPEECH WRITER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? This position will play a critical role in capturing and amplifying the voices of City National's leadership team. In coordination with the Manager of Corporate Communications / communications team, you will support the development of content for executive speeches [major addresses internal and external, broadcast appearances, etc. In this role, you will be tasked with building a deep understanding of City National's key audiences and mission in order to draft communications that are engaging and reflect the voices of the bank's leadership. Our team is looking for someone who will leverage their passion for stakeholder engagement and knowledge of the financial/banking sector to support the bank's leadership team in reaching stakeholders, create strategies and set goals to help City National accomplish its business objectives from a communications perspective. The successful candidate will be a skilled and graceful writer, comfortable working in a corporate environment and also collaboratively with top executives.Primary responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, writing internal and external speeches for the organization's Executive Management team, conducting any necessary background research related to the material/project and offering communications counsel on overall business planning and development.
Marketing Product and Digital Division
As a member of our Marketing, Product and Digital team, you will have an exceptional opportunity to help grow the your career while driving change across many facets of the business. The team is passionately focused on building our brand, supporting banking products and finding innovative ways to engage and retain clients.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Research, develop and write executive speeches, talking points, letters, webcast scripts, and video scripts tailored to various internal and external audiences
- Craft internal Q&As and external thought leadership content
- Work with the communications team and cross-functionally as needed to understand company-wide priorities and business objectives
- Develop a deep understanding of the leadership team's individual tone, voice and perspective
- Adopt a tone and voice that reflects the values and persona of City National and its leadership team
- Exhibit expert skill with grammar and usage, as well as fact-checking, to ensure a consistently high quality of communications materials
- Work closely with the bank's events and marketing teams as well as senior executives from across the organization to manage a speaking calendar
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field
- Minimum of 4+ years of speech writing experience, including for C-suite executives
- Minimum of 4 + years of experience in Journalism, editing, AP Style, business background
Skills and Knowledge
- Finance background preferred
- Journalism, editing, AP Style, business background a plus
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills required
- Must exhibit high attention to detail
- Must possess an interpersonal style that enables effective relationships with peers and senior executives in the execution of job responsibilities
- Interest and experience in conducting research
- Exceptional attention to detail, adaptability, and sense of urgency
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Demonstrated skill in writing and editing communications with the ability to convey complex information in clear, compelling ways
- Writing samples will be required
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies. #LI-MA1 #CA-MA1 Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website