LOAN BOARDING SPECIALIST
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? Reviews all requests for boarding & funding for approval, completeness & accuracy. Boards new and renewed consumer, commercial and mortgage loans. Processes advances, payments & payoffs on various loan products. Maintains Guarantor records on the loan system. Performs all maintenance, calculate and adjust interest and fee accruals. Determines causes of rejected items and process corrections. Balances work and prepare appropriate GL entries to various cost centers as required.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Loan Account Set Up and OFAC Reporting and Compliance – Set up all entities, including borrowers, co-borrowers, and guarantors. Additionally, for all parties to the credit, ensure CIS records have been established prior to funding the loan. Recognition of the parties to the loan is determined from the CIS Addendum. Obtain waivers from compliance as needed.
- Loan Boarder is responsible to be familiar and understand FASB91 and GAAP accounting guidance related to treatment of fees/costs for new loans. For loans that are renewed, or significantly modified, loan boarder must determine if change is considered significant based upon comparison of cash flows in determining if fees can be taken into income or must be amortized over the life of renewed/modified loan.
- Pricing and Repayment Schedules – Loan Boarder is responsible to ensure for the accuracy of the entered pricing (All-in Rate, Margin, and Index, teaser rates, LIBOR pricing options, as applicable) and repayment schedules (Interest only period, repayment terms (Mortgage style amortization. Straight-line amortization, 12-month average amortization schedule, and SWAP related schedules, all of which may be customized for each particular client.
- Reporting requirements – Loan Boarders are responsible to enter critical information for reporting purposes gleaned and/or translated from the Credit Approval Document, Loan Documentation Checklist, or other documents which supports governmental, regulatory, and General Ledger/Financial and management reporting
- Loan Funding – Fund loan based upon disbursement authorization. Set up future disbursement account in ALDO as applicable. Funding make take the form of an out-going wire, credit to a demand deposit account, issuance of Cashier's Checks or offset to payoff/pay down an existing loan.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years of loan processing experience in a financial institution required.
- Minimum 2 years of basic computer experience(e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) required
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Able to handle a heavy volume of transactions and multiple tasks.
- Detail oriented with strong follow-up skills.
- Able to manually compute accrual adjustments.
- Ability to operate Personal Computers and WordPerfect/Word Programs.
- Able to operate calculators, encoding, fax and copying machines.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
#LI-ST1Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website