QUANTITATIVE FI PORTFOLIO MANAGER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? This position is responsible for managing fixed income strategies across separately managed accounts and commingled vehicles, includingmutual funds currently under the City National Rochdale fund family. Maintains existing and create new fixed income quantitative tools through the use of programming languages to execute simulation and to implement mathematical andstatistical models. As a thought leader within the fixed income research team this position will use skills to expand the platformwhile growing and enhancing the team's quantitative capabilities. Design internal strategies and construct systematic strategies utilizing externally managed vehicles. Collaborate with investment research, relationship portfolio managers and senior leaders to collect and analyze large sets of data, develop and conduct analyses, investigate macro trends and control risk. The role will also require client interaction as well as large scale presentations.
Wealth Management Division: City National Rochdale
As a member of City National Rochdale, the company's Wealth Management group, you will provide white-glove service focused on intelligently personalized portfolio management for high-net-worth individuals, families, and institutions. For 30 years, City National Rochdale has helped clients achieve their goals, operating as a nimble, responsive, local boutique investment firm.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Responsible for performance, oversight, and reporting for selected investment strategies.
- Determine mix of assets and investments that are consistent with strategy mandates.
- Develop solutions for extracting, managing and analyzing market data.
- Utilize advanced statistical software and programming languages to perform descriptive and predictive statistical analysis.
- Forecast market changes based on economic and industry analyses; monitor technical trading trends.
- Thought leadership for new strategies, methodologies, systems and technology integration.
- Represent the team and firm to clients, prospects and internal colleagues.
- Interface with research and investment teams to ensure City National Rochdale's strategy is accurately reflected in portfolios.
- Seek performance in excess of applicable benchmarks.
- Analyze alternative investment and risk scenarios (e.g. relative value, overall investment return, interplay of various asset classes, and comparative return of different markets).
- Communicate strategic shifts and changes in the marketplace to clients and internal colleagues.
- Trade implementation and strategic rebalancing for new and existing client accounts.
- Manage one or more mutual funds and/or an assigned group of core investment portfolios.
- Analyze and provide intelligence on macroeconomic trends.
- Develop and maintain a rigorous risk framework ensuring continuity with strategy directives, understanding of factor exposures, control of downside deviation and risk/reward methodologies.
- Manage cash flow, reinvestment and liquidity requirements.
- Communicate to clients about current market conditions, investment alternatives, asset allocation and portfolio results.
- Attend client meetings and/or mutual fund investment committee meetings as appropriate.
- Follow appropriate Regulation 9 process.
- Accurately complete various compliance related reporting in a timely manner.
- Maintain all appropriate training and continuing education requirements for both internal programs and external licenses and
- Communicate portfolio and market information to sales colleagues.
- Attend and participate in prospect meetings.
- Write periodic commentary for internal and external dissemination.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Master's Degree MBA and/or CFA, received or underway
- Minimum 8 years' experience in related position
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 securities or ability to obtain
Skills and Knowledge
- Degree in a highly quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Information Systems, etc.)
- 10+ years professional experience, including 5+ years in decision analytics, risk modeling and/or predictive statistics
- related functions
- Proficient with the use of advanced statistical analysis software and capabilities (fluency in at least two of the following: SAS, R, Python, SQL, Salesforce)
- Ability to conduct extensive data research and handle large datasets
- Self-motivated, independent and resourceful
- High level of curiosity, sense of ownership, accountability and ethical
- Excellent analytical skills and research techniques
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with proven ability to multi-task
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly & concisely, in both written & oral formats
- Capable of being objective and giving/taking constructive feedback
- A natural proclivity for questioning assumptions and challenging orthodoxies
- Must be able to operate in an autonomous and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to organize complex objectives into individual related tasks and measurable deliverables
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website