COST ACCOUNTING ANALYST SR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Cost Accounting Analyst Senior will contribute to the Cost Accounting group by performing time studies, data analysis and reporting tasks to support the department's and bank's lines of business. This position will be instrumental in the development and maintenance of cost allocation methods and systems to accurately and adequately analyze costs and identify opportunities for improvement. This role requires the ability to translate business problems into solutions driven by data analysis, business acumen, creativity, and clear, concise and effective communication.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Finance team. This group records, analyzes, reports and optimizes to maintain the bank's financial health, while following principles and legislation to ensure we're doing what's right.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Analyze complex enterprise-wide problems and develop solutions with limited direction.
- Use judgement to resolve moderate to highly complex questions and escalate unresolved issues to levels above.
- Analyze and report on periodic variances and their causes to assess validity of costing methods, assumptions and inputs.
- Work with data consumers to define and document explicit business requirements for cost and profitability reports.
- Use Excel, Access and/or PL/SQL to perform ad hoc analyses and reporting for a wide range of purposes, including cost accounting, profitability, reconciliation, and business metrics, among others.
- Define requirements and technical specifications for enhancements to the multi-dimensional activity based costing system used to allocate standard costs to clients, products, and cost centers.
- Identify and implement cost accounting process improvements.
- Facilitate quarterly and annual cost accounting updates for assigned bank units including reviewing expense pool variances, conducting time study interviews, identifying organizational and process changes, defining new activities and collaborating with the technology team on system enhancements.
- Responsible for maintaining on-going relationship with specific bank units to facilitate the end to end cost accounting process from time study interviews to monitoring for operational changes and addressing adhoc questions and issues.
- Develop and maintain positive, productive, and professional relationships with key business partners to meet expected customer service levels.
- Identify and recommend process improvements within assigned bank units to improve data availability and drive better costing results
- Support month-end cost accounting operational processing
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Business, Finance or related field
- Minimum 7 years of financial analysis experience, preferably in a data-intensive financial company.
- Minimum 5 years cost accounting experience, preferably using activity based costing.
- Minimum 3 years working with large databases using Excel, Access and/or PL/SQL.
- Minimum 3 years working in a client facing business support role.
Skills and Knowledge
- General knowledge of accounting/finance principles and theory.
- Prior experience in Financial Services industry a plus.
- Possesses attention to detail and excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good understanding of project management methodologies and procedures.
- Able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects at the same time, working under tight deadlines. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment. Able to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website