This position may be filled at these alternative locations: Overland Park, KS / St. Louis, MO / Cincinnati, OH / Missoula, MT / Virtual
The Software Engineers are responsible for, but are not limited to: designing, developing, and implementing software solutions in cutting edge software platforms in the Quote-To-Cash space. ATG Software Engineers are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to changing requirements and creating application system models. Software Engineers are challenged to come up with solutions to complex business problems while working in a fast-paced environment and collaborating with other skilled, talented, and motivated professionals.
- Build solutions for client projects: Sometimes the out-of-the-box cloud solutions we work with can't meet all our clients' business needs. In these cases, you'll be tasked with devising software solutions to fill in the gaps. This includes:
- Working with middleware applications (Mulesoft, Dell Boomi, Jitterbit, Kettle, etc.)
- Customizing applications (SpringCM, Conga, etc.)
- Writing scripts to export, manipulate, and load data
- Build scaling tools: The demand for cloud CPQ and Billing solutions is difficult to keep up with; ATG maintains a competitive advantage by leveraging reusable tools and building domain knowledge. The too
- ls you build and knowledge you share will be used by hundreds of employees every day (including you!) to enhance productivity, capability and throughput.
- Participate in a small-team environment: You'll be joining a team of incredibly smart and passionate engineers with a variety of impressive professional backgrounds (including Microsoft and Google).
- Curious: Beyond understanding how something works, you want to understand why it works.
- Creative: You love to build and create, programming for you is as much art as it is science.
- Focused: You don't give up when presented with a difficult problem and look for resourceful ways to overcome them.
- Efficient: You look for ways to enable you and your team to reduce manual and redundant tasks.
- Excellent Communicator: You can clearly communicate complex ideas through written or verbal mediums to your teammates or clients.
- Team Oriented: You work actively to improve the skillsets and abilities of those around you.
- Web Development: beyond HTML and CSS, you've written server and client-side code.
- Extracurricular programming: You've demonstrated an interest in going beyond schoolwork through internships, open source projects, or paid programming work.
- Open Source: A big plus! You've written code and published it online.
- Salesforce: You've written Apex or Lightning code.
- Fundamental programming concepts: An understanding of object-oriented programming, common data structures, and computational complexity.
- Version Control: You have experience contributing code to version-controlled (e.g. git) projects.
- Agile/Scrum: You have experience using these methodologies on projects.
- Teams: You have experience working in teams on engineering projects.
Experience in the following technologies are preferred (but not required): Salesforce CPQ, Salesforce Billing, Apttus CPQ, Apttus CLM, Gotransverse TRACT, Spring CM CLM, Conga CLM and other related solutions, Xactly SPM solutions, Aria billing platform, Salesforce Communities and Cloud Craze
Salesforce Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Zuora, Oracle Big Machines, Calidus Cloud Solutions, Netsuite, Mulesoft, and other SaaS/Cloud Q2C and related solutions
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50%
- Desired locations are ATG Delivery Centers, located in Missoula, MT, Cincinnati, OH, Kansas City, MO or St. Louis, MO, however for senior experienced professionals working virtual may be an option
- This position may require additional time and effort necessary during periods of heavy workload in order to meet project milestones, implementation deadlines, and the like. Hours and compensation for this position will vary depending on projects and experience. Travel up to 50% (this is subject to change at anytime based off project needs).
Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a “Green Card”) for this role.
Cognizant is always looking for top talent. We are searching for candidates to fill future needs within the business. This job posting represents potential future employment opportunities with Cognizant. Although the position is not currently available, we want to provide you with the opportunity to express your interest in future employment opportunities with Cognizant. If a job opportunity that you may be qualified for becomes available in the future, we will notify you. At that time you can determine whether you would like to apply for the specific open position. Thank you for your interest in Cognizant career opportunities.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Apr 30 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website