We are currently seeking a Conveyor Maintenance Technician to join the Facility Services team at the CVS Health Distribution Center located in Lumberton, NJ. Our team works together to keep distribution center machinery running smoothly while upholding a safe environment where all employees can thrive. Our facilities team needs capable people ready to keep buildings and equipment in safe working order
The Conveyor Maintenance Technician will have the ability to design solutions for difficult problems, manage external vendors/contractors, be on call for emergencies, handle multiple projects and daily activities, and meet tight deadlines. The successful candidate will thrive working in a fast-paced environment and know how to develop plans to accomplish departmental and distribution center goals.
• Maintain and troubleshoot conveyor systems and related electrical and mechanical equipment
• Maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices, timely training, and best practices
• Demonstrate knowledge in preventative maintenance procedures, troubleshooting guidelines, work request documentation, spare parts appropriation, and inventory control
• Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organization, with the ability to collaborate with and effectively influence others on the team
• Ability to provide constructive feedback to enhance individual performance
• Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot building electrical, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods and materials
• Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs, and encoders
• Basic knowledge of PLC programs, and communications modules (Ethernet)
• Perform a wide variety of duties related to maintenance, repair, and upkeep of facility, equipment, and fixtures
• Respond to general requests to perform duties within and outside the building, including emergencies anytime day or night
• Must be willing to be certified on all equipment needed to complete job task
• Must have at least three (3) years of experience in maintenance/mechanical field
• Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule to support business demands, which may require working different days or shifts and may also include working overtime on weekdays, weekends, and/or holidays
• Read, comprehend, and interpret technical reference manuals and schematics
• Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
• A valid driver's license
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Able to work at 25' heights, operating a scissor lift and/or articulate boom lift
• Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools
• Ability to lift and move up to 49 pounds frequently
• Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
• Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds
• Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
• Walking in and around the DC with great frequency
Previous warehouse experience
High school diploma or equivalent
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website