As a Clinical Home Infusion Pharmacist, you will review medical charts and lab results of patients who are candidates for IV infusions. Therapies include specialty medications, antibiotic therapy, TPN and other high risk medications. You will communicate routinely with patients and caregivers. You will evaluate the appropriateness of therapy and provide recommendations. You will instruct patients telephonically on medication adminstration, medication side effects as well as discuss disease progression and/or resolution.
* Building strong one-on-one relationships with your patients
* Participating in patient evaluation and chart review for acceptance, product selection, device selection and supply management.
* Collect, interpret and evaluate all physician medication orders for therapeutic appropriateness, cost effectiveness, accuracy, safety and completeness.
* Monitor the patient's progress and assessment results to communicate clinical and technical information with the physician and other members of healthcare team. Most patient contact will be on the phone and, on occasion, you will meet them in our infusion suites.
* Directly supervise pharmacy technicians and support personnel in the appropriate compounding, packaging and labeling of compounded sterile products.
* Assist in training and orientation of new employees, performance improvement activities and educational programs.
* Participate in on-call rotation as indicated by staffing and business needs.
* Additional licensure may be required in multi state service areas.
Pharmacists with Coram CVS/specialty infusion services have a uniquely rewarding setting in which to use their exceptional pharmacy skills. As a national leader in the home infusion field, we seek to hire pharmacists who not only possess strong clinical expertise, but also the compassion and sensitivity that it takes to build one-on-one relationships with patients receiving infusion therapy in the comfort of their home
Learn more about us:
Registered Pharmacist with current license in the
State of Florida.
One to two years or more of experience as a pharmacist
Pharm D or Bachelor's Degree in pharmacy
Prior Home Infusion Experience
B.S. or doctorate of pharmacy degree is required.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website