The Supervisor is responsible for oversight of healthcare management staff including the organization and development of high performing teams.Works closely with functional area managers to ensure consistency in clinical interventions supporting our members. Accountable for meeting the financial, operational and quality objectives of the unit.
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and web-based applications
- Ability to work with people in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret data, identify areas of improvement, and focus on interventions to improve outcomes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Providers, Members, Staff and other Leaders both in oral and written formats (e.g., may provide support to the sales staff & network staff via onsite customer visits and/or presentations)
- 3+ years in clinical area of expertise. (Certain functional areas may require additional clinical experience such as for BH triage and referral Supervision decisions)
- Must have 5 years post master's degree clinical experience required.
- Active unrestricted State Licensure in applicable functional area. (eg RN,LPC, LCPC LCSW) in the state of IL
- Up to 25% travel required in the state of IL to complete audits and visits with clinical staff as needed
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- Managed Medicare/Medicaid experience preferred
Registered Nurse (BSN preferred); Master's degree in behavioral health field required
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website