The Northport, NY Veterans Affairs Medical Center, located on scenic Long Island, is recruiting an InpatientPsychiatric Nurse Practitioner. You could be part of an important initiative to provide mental health care for our nations Veterans! America's Veterans need you!
This is great opportunity to work closely with the psychiatrist. Perform psychiatric evaluations for a diverse population, including geriatric and post deployment combat Veterans, who are mentally ill and have psychosocial issues such as homelessness, unemployment, and poor family support network. Clinical practice may include depression, anxiety, psychosis, PTSD, substance abuse, and other psychiatric disorders in outpatient, inpatient, & ED settings. Academic appointment with Stony Brook University may be available for qualified candidates.
- Competitive Pay
- Guaranteed salary increases
- Hours: 8am-4:30pm, M-F No set call. Opportunity for overtime covering the ER.
- Licensure: 1 Full & unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at this facility
- Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No Employment Contract
- 26 Days paid vacation
- 13 Days paid sick time per year with unlimited carry over
- 10 Federal holidays with pay
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility
The Northport, NY Veterans Affairs Medical Center, located on scenic Long Island, is recruiting an Inpatient Psychiatric Nurse Practitio...
Apply on company website