Responsible for the analysis of laboratory specimens and subsequent result reporting according to laboratory protocol and procedures. Acts as a resource for Medical Laboratory Technicians and Lab Assistants. Supports and assists Lead Medical Technologist.
One of the nation's largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.' Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
- Education: B.S. Degree in Medical Technology (ASCP) or equivalent as defined by CLIA'88
- Experience: 3 years experience as Medical Technologist preferred
- Technical Skills: General bench tech skills required to provide coverage in all modalities
- License/Certification: Nevada State License as Clinical Laboratory Technologist. ASCP or equivalent board registration/education required upon hire. New CLS graduates must receive certification within 6 months of hire. New graduates, or applicants that do not currently have a Nevada license, must obtain a Nevada State provisional license prior to hire and must obtain a permanent license upon expiration of the provisional license. Nevada General Supervisor License.
- Other: Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide high quality of patient care appropriately (specific age competent). Must possess appropriate people skills, organization and attention to detail. Must desire to act as a resource.
• Challenging and rewarding work environment
• Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
• Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
• 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
• Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Corporate Human Resources
Apply on company website