About Discovery Senior Living
Discovery Senior Living is a family of companies which includes: Discovery Management Group, Discovery Development Group, Discovery Design Concepts, Discovery Realty Group, Discovery Marketing Group, and Discovery At Home, a Medicare-certified home healthcare company. With almost three decades of experience, the award-winning management group has been developing, building, marketing, and operating upscale, luxury senior-living communities across the United States. With a flourishing portfolio of more than 9,500 existing home or homes under development, Discovery Senior Living has become a recognized industry leader in creating world-class, resort-style communities.
Discovery Senior Living is looking for a Director of Culinary Services - Certified Dietary Manager to join our community Discovery Village at Southlake.
About the Opportunity:
Does working for the leader in the Senior Housing industry sound like the professional challenge you are seeking? Discovery Senior Living offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. Employees are encouraged to take responsibility for their own careers. You'll be working with incredible individuals with boundless creativity.
- Develops and implements food services policies, procedures, and job descriptions.
Plans menus and menu cycles according to cultural and regional food preferences, and resident dietary guidelines. Adjusts recipes to appropriate yield.
- Monitors the quality and consistency of the food to include food temperatures, portion control, palatability and attractiveness of food, and implements changes to ensure quality according to established standards.
- Observes workers engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking and garnishing and sizes of portions are as prescribed.
- Cooks and carves meats, and prepares dishes.
- Orders food and chemical supplies for the kitchen; receives and validates all food deliveries against order form.
- Inventories food items monthly.
- Conducts regular Quality Assurance Audits.
- Practices safe and sanitary food handling.
- Practices all safety and loss prevention procedures.
- Negotiates and signs food service agreements with vendors.
- Selects, schedules, and conducts orientation and in-service educational programs for personnel.
- Monitors monthly expenditures to include explanation of significant variances to ensure compliance with budget.
- Bachelor's degree in culinary arts program preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in a food service environment.
- Must have successfully completed food safety training.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.
Thank you for your interest in Discovery Senior Living careers. If you have any questions about the position you are applying for, please contact the community directly.
Apply on company website