Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America's fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let's grow together!
Responsible for (i) working with the information security management team to administer the Company's information security programs, maintain Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, and PCI DSS compliance programs, and support a variety of systems and applications, (ii) contributing across a variety of IT projects, and (iii) as a team member, recommending, designing, implementing, administering, etc. pragmatic information security controls that meet dynamic tactical and strategic information security objectives. Primary focus is network security. Example areas of hands-on administration involvement include firewalls (multiple vendors), DNS, global traffic management, multi-factor authentication, and remote access.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitors the service request queue and provides first tier support to internal customers. Owns tickets and drives resolution through full support lifecycle.
- Implements, administers, and supports multiple information security platforms, systems, and applications. Supports a variety of security technologies in a hands-on manner.
- Supports defined Company operating principles via effective and pragmatic information security controls. Helps analyze, define, implement, and administer efficient business processes related to information security program.
- Works with the information security management team to administer, maintain, and continuously improve SOX, HIPAA, PCI DSS, and internal controls compliance programs, investigate known or suspected security incidents and support internal and external audits.
- Uses project management best practices to initiate, manage, and close projects. Creates and maintains a variety of documents related to projects and information security (policies, standards, procedures, recommendations, instructions, etc.)
- Participate in meetings; build and maintain strong partnerships with multiple departments; participate in vendor support engagements; and other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Understanding of pragmatic information security controls and holistic defense-in-depth strategies
- Understanding of current and developing information security technologies and trends
- Written and oral communication skills that enable effective communications to appropriate audiences
- Extreme attention to detail always leaning toward caution
- Ability to learn and retain new skills required to adapt to evolving business and technical environments
- Ability to influence and motivate others
- Ability to occasionally work during non-standard shifts and in an on-call capacity and be available for occasional travel (up to 5%)
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
College degree or equivalent experience in information security or computer information systems.
Minimum 2-3 years of information security experience, preferably in the system or network security domains. Palo Alto PCNSE and/or Splunk certifications preferred.
Hands-on experience with the administration of at least 3 of the following technologies: Palo Alto Networks, Cisco Meraki, ExtraHop Reveal(x), BigFix, Splunk, Pulse Secure SSL VPN, Symantec Data Loss Prevention (Vontu), Public DNS, Microsoft Azure Security.
Experience identifying and addressing security risks associated with host and network operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, AIX, AS400, PAN OS, Cisco IOS, etc.); enterprise services (e.g. directory services, email, content management and collaboration, web publishing, database, virtualization, etc.); client-server, thin-client, and web-based applications; enterprise applications (e.g. Lawson); cloud services (e.g. SaaS, IaaS, etc.); data storage, etc.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website