Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,500 stores in 46 states as of May 1, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Provides a safe and mechanically sound working environment in the distribution center. Coordinates the daily activities of the maintenance department to ensure rapid response to departmental requests for repair or service. Identifies performance indicators. Develops and communicates action plans for improvement.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Utilizes Productivity Improvement Plan process to identify areas for improvement and assists Maintenance Manager in development of a measurement system.
- May review inbound and outbound S&OP reports and assists in department planning; makes adjustments based on distribution center needs.
- Plans daily production goals for department.
- Identifies obstacles to performance through floor observations.
- Reviews daily staffing plan of department/shift with Maintenance Manager; determines proper staffing level for shift or area of responsibility based on receiving/shipping volume and departmental projects.
- Establishes work schedules based on preventative maintenance requirements.
- Conducts required sortation audits and analyzes results to determine appropriate system and/or personnel adjustments.
- Ensures that adequate training is provided for all maintenance department employees.
- In coordination with safety committee, supports safety programs to reduce employee injuries.
- Partners with Maintenance Manager and Human Resources to ensure OSHA compliance; serves a back-up contact person for governmental agencies.
- Maintains status reports on building and facility insurance documentation.
- Assists Maintenance Manager with department budget.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit controls.
- Ability to learn and perform IBM cash register functions, including those necessary to generate reports.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE and STARS programs, etc.)
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling, and termination practices including legal compliance and internal processes.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read blueprints, electrical, mechanical, and voice and data communication drawings, and various diagrams.
- Understanding of systems such as conveyor, sort view and graphical monitors.
- Working knowledge of fire protection systems.
- Comprehension of conveyor system sortation reports, fire protection and security alarm reports, capital variance reports, and OSHA logs.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, autocad systems, and programmable logic controllers.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- On call twenty-four hours per day, seven days a week to support distribution center operations.
- Maintenance experience required.
- Experience in an automated retail distribution center preferred.
- Two years minimum supervisory experience.
- Automated retail distribution center experience preferred.
- Vocational skills training as a tradesperson (mechanical, electrical, welding, hydraulic, pneumatics).
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website