Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
The Digital Solutions Sr Manager will be required to keep abreast of emerging technology trends and applications in the Merchandising industry inclusive of building services, microservices, automation and containerization to determine recommendations for Dollar General. The position will directly manage and supervise the development, and 3rd-level support of Merchandising planning technology. It will be responsible to develop a team of Managers, Solution Architects, Engineers, Product Owners, DevOps and Analyst who will effectively oversee work at a product and project level and provide guidance on new technical development methods and best practices as the industry evolves. Management of multiple projects and problems with all levels of complexity will be required. The position will be required to partner with external vendors, contractors, and offshore teams to obtain talent and technology that isn't developed internally. This position will have responsibility for managing budgets for the respective space of Merchandising technology. This position will develop and manage the software for quote sheets, store planograms and CPG Vendor Portal technologies
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for forecasting and planning services capabilities including, sizings, providing solution options (build or buy), solution design and implementation along with necessary expert consulting time and application configuration. Inclusive of microservices, api platforms (Apigee), Containerization (Docker) and Orchestration (Kubernetes), and Applications).
- Owns business area deliverables and reporting on them as well as collaboration without technology domains for completeness of solutions while supporting other domain requests.
- Evaluate, improve, and implement processes across teams or functional area to advance engineering.
- Determine best repair, and ensure appropriate maintenance, and documentation
- Engineering of application architecture reviews and advisory board space with technology inclusive of data science and devsecops solutions
- Manage annual capital and expense budget and monthly reporting.
- Manage vendor relationships by influencing and negotiating work arrangements that maintain cost/performance balance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have experience in Development and Data Technologies across microservices, api platforms (Apigee), Containerization (Docker) and
- Orchestration (Kubernetes), and one cloud provider.
- Must have experience in vendor product integration via API and XML calls
- Must have in Experience in an Store Layout and Planning tool like Blue Yonder Intactix
- Must have Experience in Merchant Global sourcing for quote Sheet experience like Bamboo Rose, E2Open
- Must have Experience in Managing Vendor Portal Technology for CPG Partners
- Direct management of technical staff as well as manager level staff
- Demonstrated in-depth expertise in the design, development, implementation, diagnosis, or repair of technology solutions.
- Experience with hardware, software, models, methods, and other technology-based intellectual property
- Provided full lifecycle cost estimates, domain specific support services
- Excellent Technology skills and the ability to lead multiple projects of increasing complexity from inception through completion. Projects may include complex cross product integrations.
- Ability to motivate, reward, and provide constructive criticism and corrective action.
- Ability to teach, mentor and enhance skills of staff from entry level through leadership.
- Ability to set goals, evaluate and measure performance, and provide informal and formal feedback on performance.
- Ability to delegate and achieve desired results from direct reports and provide accountability at an individual, team and departmental level.
- Ability to build customer applications for web, mobile and in-stores
- Ability to conduct core code reviews to ensure follow principles of frameworks such as design patterns, azure marketplace (or equivalent), libraries in logging, and ensure secure code and detailed performance tuning
Work Experience &/or Education:
- Total of 8 or more years of IT related experience required, with a software development or related technical background.
- Prior experience in leading groups of 20 or more people, with at least 8 direct reports.
- 5+ years of merchandising
- 3+ years of RDBMS, and leading micro-services projects
- 5+ years of objected oriented programming for software
- 5+ years in cloud development
- 5+ years of pipelines for devsecops
- 7 years of design inclusive of scalability, disaster recovery, resiliency, obsolescence security, supportability, and suitability.
- 7+ years of working with and managing offshore resources
Apply on company website