Are you interested in becoming a Operations Supervisor?
Now is your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
First Transit is looking for a Operations Supervisor in Arlington, VA. Our Operations Supervisors are an integral part of daily operations. Operations Supervisors assure all routes are completed in compliance with safety procedures. This position also monitors and coaches bus drivers. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
That is why our employees call this the “love-what-you-do” line of work!
First Transit is a leading provider of passenger transportation, contract and management services, and operations management consulting for locations across the United States and Canada. Because we employ a diverse group of highly successful individuals, we are able to safely and efficiently carry over 160 million passengers each year!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.
- A great work environment.
Job Purpose: The Operations Supervisor is in charge of all day to day service operations. This includes the direction and guidance of all division staff to maintain high levels of customer service and efficiency in a safe manner. Operations Supervisors are required to be flexible and able to perform in various roles, including but not limited to: Dispatcher, Scheduler, Road Supervisor, etc.
Operations Supervisor responsibilities include:
- Counsels, coaches and trains Drivers on all aspects of job accuracy and development. Tracks trip performance measures, on time performance (OTP), performance incidents, etc.
- Ensures Drivers are performing assigned duties correctly and safely and that they meet all job related specifications.
- Demonstrates and promotes a safe team-oriented environment at all times.
- Responsible for the check in process of drivers including adherence fitness for duty inspection, uniform and credential check and assignment of buses
- Constantly monitors on-time performance and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Prepares operational reports/schedules. Maintains accurate daily records of operations.
- Dispatches and schedules for a suburban and fast paced transit system which operates 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
- Responds to customer comments.
- Investigates accidents, incidents, disputes and disturbances as assigned, in accordance with policy, and in conjunction with involved authorities.
- Audits service, routes and road conditions and recommends alternate routes to dispatch as appropriate.
- Other responsibilities may include: emergency response, road checks, routing, training, payroll and other administrative tasks as required.
- Performs as assigned during special events and weather emergencies to minimize service disruption.
- Must have knowledge of attendance policy, union contract, First Transit Employee Handbook, and DOT rules and regulations
Operations Supervisor requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED, College Level education highly desirable.
- Class A or B CDL with Air Brake and Passenger Endorsements (required).
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience required as a full time Bus Operator.
- Prior transportation supervisor experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate advanced skills and knoweldge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision and in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and willingness to help out in a variety of situations.
- Ability to make quick decisions and work under pressure effectively.
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Candidates selected for interviews will be required to have a 5-10 minute Powerpoint presentation prepared on the date of the interview. The presentation topic should be current and relevant to public transportation and/or safety. Further instructions will be given to selected interviewees.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website