DescriptionAre you looking for a work environment as a Surgery Scheduler where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with the Ambulatory Surgery Division today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. With the Ambulatory Surgery Division, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefit package truly customizable to you and your family's needs. Some of the unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Surgery Scheduler where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As a Scheduler for our surgery center, you will be responsible for proving and contributing to the company's mission, vision, and values by scheduling patient's surgical procedures and maintaining the surgery schedule.
What you will do in this role:
- You will obtain CPT and ICD-10 diagnosis codes and other clinical information as required by the physician's office
- You will prepare documentation for Notification of Non-covered Medicare Services or Advance Beneficiary notices to patients and notify physician's offices about these procedures
- You will complete chart requests from Medical Records and notify the Materials Manager /Nurse Manager of any physician requests or special equipment needed for upcoming surgeries/procedures
- You will determine the duration needed for surgeries in the operating room and work with OR nurse to ensure a daily schedule is streamlined
- You will maintain the center block schedule list and arrange necessary anesthesia coverage
- You will call/fax physician's offices to notify them of any open schedule times that may allow for additional cases to be taken at the center
Florida Surgery Center is proud to have a long and distinguished reputation as a provider of ambulatory surgical care in Altamonte Springs Florida. We offer a state of the art facility with the newest technology in our 3 operating rooms and 2 procedure rooms, which are equipped with Conmed video tower surgical equipment. Performing around 150 cases per month, our specialties include GI, Urology, General, Plastic, Podiatry, Gynecology, Pain, and ENT. We are AAAHC surgery center for HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Our center is close to Interstate I-4 providing close access to large hospitals where we serve the greater Altamonte Springs/Seminole County.
Be a part of an organization who invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Surgery Scheduler opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Qualifications you will need:
- Minimum one year of experience in a medical office setting
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website