DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center is a 216-bed acute care hospital proudly serving Bay County and surrounding communities for 40 years. The hospital was recently named a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® – heart failure, heart attack, pneumonia, surgical care, and perinatal care – for the fourth consecutive year and has achieved certifications for its stroke and wound care.
Located in Panama City, Florida, its team of more than 450 providers and 1,000 employees work to ensure patients receive the highest quality of care every day. With the area's only designated Pediatric ER, four-bed Pediatric ICU and 28-bed NICU, the hospital is ready to care for our youngest residents. The hospital has the only Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI as recognized by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Additionally, the hospital's cancer program is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). It is also an affiliate of the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Cancer Care Network. These designations enhance the hospital's quality of care and demonstrate its commitment to higher, measurable standards of care.Nurse Manager Emergency Services POSITION SUMMARY: The Clinical Manager is responsible for day to day provision of care rendered to patients in the department, assists with oversight of daily operations, manages all staff members in the department and works closely with medical staff members. Maintains an active role in community education and serves as a resource to the Department.
- Actively participates in appropriate department and hospital committees and ensures that unit personnel are involved as appropriate
- Assesses need for and assists in implementation of staff development programs
- Assumes administrative responsibility for the provision of services on designated shift in collaboration with other members of the management team. Formulates staff schedule along with the department Director.
- Provides direct and ongoing supervision of staff with regard to conflict resolution and personnel policy compliance, including input and/or completion of performance evaluations and disciplinary actions. Communicates directly with department Director on unit and staff issues needing attention.
- Collaborates with preceptors and new employees to facilitate new employees becoming part of the team
- Demonstrates sound knowledge base in nursing practice, including equipment operation and policies/procedures used in the delivery of patient care. Maintains awareness of current developments and trends in nursing practice.
- Ensures repair and maintenance problems are reported promptly
- Ensures all quality checks are conducted within given time frame, to include but not limited to refrigerator/freezer temperatures, crash cart, blanket warmer checks, and other unit-specific quality indicators
- Implements active case management of the patient's healthcare process for all patients under supervision
- Assists with clinical procedures as needed
- Performs data collection and analysis for decision-making. Seeks opportunities to improve care or system processes; incorporates performance improvement principles and data.
QualificationsEDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: Associate Degree in Nursing required from an accredited institution. Must be enrolled in BSN program. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
- State of Florida RN License required at hire
- BLS at hire
- Additional certifications as outlined in specific unit competencies
- Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Student loan repayment
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website