Req ID: 33949
Travel: Less than 10%
Atlanta, GA, US, 30294
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 5 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Come join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services that leverage global connectivity without boundaries. Intelsat reaches beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. You will work directly with the Mobile Core Architect to provide integrations, test planning and lab validations of new services with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open profitable new markets. You will help drive revenue growth while ensuring the most reliable and secure communications globally. We are looking for a bold thinker who will continue Intelsat's legacy of innovation and provide engineering development and test support for Intelsat's adoption of a mobile core network to open new markets and drive revenue growth.
You will collaborate within the organization to perform lab integration, planning and execution of functional testing for an Evolved Packet Core within software-defined datacenters to be deployed globally. As the Principal System Development Test Engineer for Intelsat's next-generation core network, you will work closely with the Mobile Core Architect, the Development Engineering Manager and Services Engineering to offer mobility services that surpass any the satellite industry has offered to date, while ensuring seamless integration between the terrestrial and space-based components with a standards-compliant architecture. You will work with the Innovation Team and Development Engineering for a successful execution of the technology roadmap to achieve the desired results. You must support the planning, implementation and launch stages of the product development life cycle.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to test the implementation of a lab virtual EPC core that integrates seamlessly with Intelsat's IP/MPLS Network evolution
- Support the Innovation team with development and execution of Intelsat's mobile technology roadmap
- Work with program management to move mobile innovation initiatives through the product development lifecycle
- Evaluate and test 3GPP mobility technologies to be leveraged by the Innovation team
- Lead the test and evaluation of 4G/LTE and 5G core network technologies with thorough test plans to be executed in collaboration with the Development Engineering team
- Help identify technologies, systems and processes to reduce CAPEX and OPEX
- Create test plans for mobility core components to ensure seamless interoperability within Intelsat's network
- Collaborate with consultants and key stakeholders to ensure successful deployments of mobility core networks
- Support product management in the development of new mobility products and services
- Test and evaluate 4G/LTE and 5G overlay technologies, new network appliances, and virtual network functions for mobility.
- Create and execute test plans derived through product definitions and requirements
- Create presentations for internal and external customers
- Create and maintain project and technical documentation
Can you drive these processes?
- Perform lab systems integration tasks associated with establishing a mobility EPC test environment, to include installing vendor equipment and establishing the IP network environment for various testing scenarios.
- Analyze and compare vendor product specifications with actual test results and provide recommendations.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering test plans, test procedures, test reports and training materials.
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure first deployments go smoothly for new product rollouts and key product updates.
- Manage different stages of product testing for different products simultaneously, completing assigned new product roll out subtasks on time to meet new product revenue targets.
- Increase testing efficiency by exploring methods for automating routine test scenarios
- Occasionally assist other Network Engineering departments in the staging and testing of equipment prior to deployment to customer sites and/or other Intelsat facilities.
You should definitely have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related engineering discipline.
- At least five years' hands-on experience working in a formal 3GPP mobile technology test lab environment and be familiar with test engineering best practices.
- Experience with 4G LTE / 5G and RAN technology and configurations.
- Experience in the use of IP network test equipment, such as: SMARTBITS or Spirent packet generators, packet sniffers, data analyzers, test sets and call-flow generators
- Experience working with Datacenter Virtualization including network functions such as SGW, PGW, MME, eNB, etc.
- A working knowledge of IP networking protocols, IP addressing, and VLANs. The ability to configure the same on a variety of IP network switches and/or routers including Cisco and Juniper products
- Well versed in multiple computer operating systems (MS Windows, Linux, Unix, MAC)
- Familiarity with space-based communications networks.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and communication skills.
- Must be able to perform physical support activities (e.g. cable tracing/running and racking, stacking, and replacing hardware.
It would be nice if you had:
- Relevant technical certifications with 4G/5G core and virtualization technologies
- Broad understanding of key Wireless Network concepts [E-UTRAN/ EPC / IMS Protocol Stacks, MIMO/ MU-MIMO, VoLTE/ VoNR, CUPS, MEC, IoT, Roaming, Network Slicing, etc.]
- LTE RAN/ 5G NR and UE testing experience as required to run simulators and review/troubleshoot several different types of logs [e.g. XCAL or QXDM]
- Integrating Virtualized or Cloud Native infrastructure to the LTE/ 5G platform itself [i.e. deployment, troubleshooting, testing & configuration of VMs or Containers or Microservices for each Network Node within a Cloud environment].
- Understanding of DevOps for CI/CD/CD and preferred experience using automation frameworks [e.g. Ansible].
- Understanding of MANO and preferred experience with an Orchestrator [e.g. NSO, Ericsson Orchestrator, etc].
- High-level understanding of Cloud Models and some knowledge of major Services from one major CSP [AWS, Azure, GCP].
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- Job requires ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Apply on company website