Kelly Services has permanent openings for our client in Wheeling, IL for an Electrical Maintenance Technician. This position is a Direct Hire opportunity.
$28-30.00 per hour
Monday - Friday
Shift: 2nd shift - 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm with OverTime (Currently working about 8-10 of overtime a week)
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform preventive maintenance according to schedule and as designated by superiors.
- Implement machine improvements developed by process engineering, maintenance and QA
- Fix machine breakdowns and issues in a timely manner
- Make sure used spare parts get replenished and missing spare parts are stocked.
- Carry out all the jobs according to applicable standards, like OSHA, NFPA70 (NEC).
- Repair electrical systems, wiring, circuit breakers, equipment and other components so that they remains at full functioning capacity.
- Review blueprints to understand the placement of wiring or to comprehend the working of the equipment to provide the right service and repairs.
- Test systems with devices such as voltmeters, oscilloscopes and ohmmeters to ensure the system remains safe and that components are compatible.
- Inspect on a routine basis electrical equipment, wiring, fixtures and other components to ensure they remain functional and are up to code, as well as to identify any hazards or issues
- Report all incidents immediately (including near miss situations)
- Comply with all environmental standards and policies
- Support and conduct hands-on training and cross training activities
- other tasks as assigned
No supervisory responsibilities assigned. Exercises independent judgment regarding assigned responsibilities and consults manager in situations that would have a significant affect on business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic understanding of industrial electric control systems and PLC
- Previous experience with variable speed drives is an added advantage
- Previous experience in heavy metals or similar type of manufacturing is beneficial
- Ability to work under pressure and high stress levels required.
- Good computer and data entry skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A High school diploma is beneficial.
- Previous experience in industrial maintenance needed
- Good mechanical skills, basic hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge needed
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical schematics and drawings
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Involves periods of, standing, walking, and negotiating stairs, ladders, elevated catwalks and platforms in hot or cold production environment on slippery surfaces for the purpose of directing operations and evaluating situations.
- Personal Protective Equipment (e.g., safety glasses, electro static discharge jacket, ear plugs, etc.)
- Occasionally lift up to 50lbs Maximum.
*Email your resume to Jake.Hungerford@KELLYSERVICES.COM or call directly at 920.202.1788 for immediate consideration*
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website